Re: Concerning mystics

  • richard_pendarvis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2010
      I did not say that he was NOT a mystic ma'am, how the hell would I
      know that, I never met the guy and chatted with him. Neither did you. If
      you wish to judge such things by what people write then good for you, go
      for it if you feel a need for that kind of thing. It seems that many
      folks do. None of my business is it. And where and when did I ever tell
      anybody to listen to me and take notice? That is not true. Far from it
      in fact. But if he WAS a mystic then his writing about it was crap.

      I was referring to what I read about him years ago. That is only reading
      words on a page isn't it. It is not life. Not only that but it was
      long long time ago, and they did not talk and write like we do now. You
      know that. But if you wan to take that as the criteria for your judgment
      of what a mystic is then go for it. It makes not a blind jot of
      diffrence to life or other people. DON'T listen to me. Go do your
      own finding. Is that message clear enough? Or shall I say it again and
      again and again for the next fifty years also? You judge a book by what
      it say and what you have read in it so it seems. You also seem to judge
      ones which you have not read. Fascinating. But it does not matter and it
      effect nothing. I AM NOT a teacher. I write books. Talk and write of
      your own mystical experiences, and let it blow on the wind and do what
      it does. As for an Autobiography I was addressing questions put to me to
      do that. I don't want to do it. There is no point. And I have also
      included enough of it the books anyway. Enough is enough. YOU do it.
      YOU do it. YOU do it.

      rwr

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "fleeting_return" <hecubatoher@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello again, Dick.
      >
      > I called Richard Rolle a mystic on the strength of having read his
      book, "The Fire of Love", which is autobiographical and relates his
      spiritual experiences. Surely there are many ways to be a mystic? Why
      should studying the Bible disqualify a man from the title? I feel as
      though I am being asked to take your word for it, that you are a mystic
      and others not.

      > As for my probably misplaced 'advice', I was just responding to what
      you wrote in your post 51705, where you ask a lot of questions, about
      the idea of writing an autobiography.

      > Anyway, for me, this discussion is in a direction away from group
      topic. Unlike you, it seems, I put a high value on reading, and I turn
      to philosophical books because, actually, I do find that there is life
      in them, and I am the more alive when I engage with them. For that
      matter, love is a many-splendoured thing, and to write or read a book
      can be an expression of love.