Wondering Wandering Exploring

  • richard_pendarvis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      Wondering Wandering Exploring

      We have covered this before have we not. But it is a great topic, and
      it is life isn't it. Perhaps the best part of it all. The joy of a
      journey, the wonder of various destinations found, the satiation of
      curiosity in finding this and that, the inspirational effect of finding
      things, the anticipation of finding things; what else could one want or
      need. We are made for it all, we are that stuff which, for whatever
      reasons, has to know, and to know it by doing it and finding it. Is
      there a better reason for existing than to explore all that there is to
      explore? What have you found? Wouldn't it be boring if we were
      born knowing it all, and with nothing to do. Huh, why are things the
      way that they are? I don't know. But they are the way that they
      are, and one cannot buck that. Not that I would want to, for it is too
      exciting an adventure through the realms of existence to want to miss it
      all.

      I remember when I was just on three years of age and more or less fully
      cognizant by then, and leaning on the fence at the end of the garden
      which overlooked the railway line, and just wondering what there was
      out there and what it was like. It was a great feeling, exciting,
      inspirational, and it set one wondering – what is really out there?
      It sure looks big. And it certainly did not even occur to me to wonder
      what was `in here'. That did not occur to me until I was three
      and half. And it was kind of FORCED upon me somehow even then, that day
      on the bombsite. It seems like a long long time ago now, and yet it is
      as clear in mind and recall as is today. I can still smell it.

      Too old now and cannot afford to go wandering and exploring any more.
      But I can still wonder; oh yeah, and remember. Well, there you go.
      "What did you find great granddad?" Ahhh, things. Go and seek
      for yourself lad, and never give up until the chance is taken away from
      you. It is worth it.

      Dick Richardson