Enjoying life without using oil and gas

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 9 , May 28 1:20 AM
      Mary,

      Yes, I agree. We have a saying in the UK, "the polluter must pay", and BP must be punished so no other oil companies compromise on safety to drill for oil in a risky manner.

      I agree money should be invested in alternative forms of energy. I like the wind turbines which you can see in the English countryside, but some people think they spoil the landscape and oppose their introduction in their own back yards.

      I know a lot of people like driving their cars – they say it is one of the best things in life – but I would like people to be aware of the hidden cost of this form of transport and leisure pastime. I would like people to realize that public transport can be enjoyable too, and holidays in one's own county/state can be as enjoyable as holidays abroad.

      How to change hearts and minds? – This is the existential question we are wrestling with.

      Jim

    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 28 5:23 AM
        BP and the rest of them regarded Louisiana and the Gulf coast as a mere backwater. Actually, the wetlands are the life line for the hemisphere. The damage here is global in scope, a potential extinction event that the hemisphere may never recover from.

        Wil