oIL ON WATER

  • William
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
      The depths of the gulf have been penetrated and the crude is oozing out. Wil, this could be a major problem for your area. It is BP`s rig and after an investigation this could radically change their balance sheet. A ton of travel,fishing shrimping and beach activity could be messed up. This plan to burn it off seems radical. The clean air act should have something to do with that. If it gets to the beaches and we see the gooey shore birds the environmentalists will explode and there will be a rebellion against oil. It will drive oil prices through the roof and on real supply and demand grounds we get four dollar Gas.
      Obama was here last night and the disruption seemed minnimal. he stayed in a hotel we book our guests into. Very clean but no big deal. He is comfortable here even though a couple of college kids got wacked in the area.
      So the water is sooo deep and the oil so thin yet they want the microbia to eat the oil. I would get out your dishpans and detergent, the shore birds are coming. WRH
    • Sindarius
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2010
        So much for oysters.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2010
          Soon it will be oil on beaches and wet lands. It appears the burn worked as the oil was dispersed in 28 min. I think they will discover the missing were vaporised on the platform.Now the responsible agencies report the spill is much bigger than initally reported. Landfall expected on Louisiana coastline tomorrow. The oil majors are reporting higher profits but I doubt BP has factored in the billion dollar loss of the platform. Obama has reminded the corporation that they bear all costs for the cleanup.
          I have closely watched oil production for years and just when we were making some small improvements in production saftey this spill can redirect our energy policy from a panic perspective. Political backlash could stop Obama from opening further exploration and push the cost of petroleum to unacceptable levels. Surly OPEC must be in a stste of anticipation of the billions that will flow to them. I think we need to find out why that rig blew up and why the shut off valves failed. Sabotage cannot be ruled out. WRH
        • Herman
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 29, 2010
            Mossad again, no doubt. Anything to cause anti-Arab sentiment, just so
            a few more Jews can be accommodated in East Jerusalem.

            Just kidding, of course.

            Polly