Imagine

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 4:01 PM
      A fullblown tourist industry in Italy. No more pope or cardinals,just clergy impersonators doing all the ruberics. The old,Roman sites are owned by the state and so are the vatican and its treasures. Just like when a corporation goes down it`s assets are sold off. The nonindited priests would get a fair pension or join the actors guild and act like what they used to be. Many people are very worked up by this scandal and I doubt the vatican can bury it. The pope is getting very bad numbers here in the states and this is where the money comes from. WRH
    • tom
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4 5:45 PM
        William,

        From what I have heard the Catholic Church has a lot of money. They are generally good businessmen and good adminisrtrators. In the states, in the last 40 years or so Catholic schools have expanded a good bit as more children were sent there to escape busing and generally declining public schools. I believe the biggest impact of the scandal will be on even greater decline in their capacity to be a force on values and behavior.