Directions for searchers

  • William
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2010
      On this slow christian holy day I direct you to Dylans,"Just like Tom Thumb`s Blues".Remember ,Tom, "The cops don`t need you and man they expect the same" WRH
    • tom
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2010
        William,

        Yes, I recall it well. I have that album.I guess the phrase points out the tribal, predatory hunting party nature of cops. Tribal people have more unity with each other than most civilized people do, but anything outside the tribe is possible food for the tribe. The altar boy scandals show a good bit of the tribal brotherhood spirit typical of law enforcement. I recall a quote from the book "Serpico" where when some of the other cops start suspecting Serpico might be informing on their rackets asks Serpico"You wouldn't do anything to hurt another cop, would you?"

        Peace,
        Tom

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2010
          You askin me? You looking at me. You lookin at me?De nero, in " Taxi"had the attitude and a progressive hair cut. I do not thoerise about pedophile motovations but I have seen the damage they do. The cops I have known ,to a man, hated pedophiles. Beating freaks was part of the job. The pedophile priests seldom played sports, especially blood sports. Smart little suckers wern`t they? WRH

          > William,
          >
          > Yes, I recall it well. I have that album.I guess the phrase points out the tribal, predatory hunting party nature of cops. Tribal people have more unity with each other than most civilized people do, but anything outside the tribe is possible food for the tribe. The altar boy scandals show a good bit of the tribal brotherhood spirit typical of law enforcement. I recall a quote from the book "Serpico" where when some of the other cops start suspecting Serpico might be informing on their rackets asks Serpico"You wouldn't do anything to hurt another cop, would you?"
          >
          > Peace,
          > Tom

        • Herman
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
            Hi Tom,

            On 5 April 2010 04:33, tom <tsmith17_midsouth1@...> wrote:
            > William,
            >
            > Yes, I recall it well. I have that album.I guess the phrase points out the tribal, predatory hunting party nature of cops. Tribal people have more unity with each other than most civilized people do, but anything outside the tribe is possible food for the tribe. The altar boy scandals show a good bit of the tribal brotherhood spirit typical of law enforcement. I recall a quote from the book "Serpico" where when some of the other cops start suspecting Serpico might be informing on their rackets asks Serpico"You wouldn't do anything to hurt another cop, would you?"

            I think there is a predatory foundation and structure to the entire
            society in which you live. It's not just the cops.

            Here's a quote from James K. Galbraith, son of the famous economist
            John Kenneth Galbraith:

            "Today, the signature of modern American capitalism is neither benign
            competition, nor class struggle, nor an inclusive middle-class utopia.
            Instead, predation has become the dominant feature — a system wherein
            the rich have come to feast on decaying systems built for the middle
            class. The predatory class is not the whole of the wealthy; it may be
            opposed by many others of similar wealth. But it is the defining
            feature, the leading force. And its agents are in full control of the
            government under which we live."

            Polly