Re: Meaning

  • Rusty Gears
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 29, 2010
      You are correct Jim. It was a typing error. I should do more of my e-mailing at my desktop computer and less on my phone.

      I agree with most of the summary. What I mean to say is that in modern times there is more opportunity for meaning-given. I cannot say whether there was more meaning of one type or another in the past. It is my guess is that there was more opportunity for meaning-taken, and less for meaning-given. I don't place a value on either.

      An increase in complexity could be what I am considering, but that does not necessarily imply an increase in sophistication. That is not the implication I am reaching for. Perhaps it is really an increase in convolution and muddlement.

      It could, of course, be nothing. It is just what is rattling around in my rusty cage.

      Mary, I admire your pursuit and applaud you for it. I wish you all the best in your endeavor. I have been attempting the same. Please, share your experiences.

      All the best!

      WeepingRobot
      You are your own programmer.