Re: [existlist] Re: Enemies of modernism

  • tom
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2010
      I suspect it is and has always been ubiqititous. I'd guess it goes back thousands of years,but only in the last 30 years have victims thought the environment was such that they'd be heard. In the middle ages, they would have probably burned them as heretics. And once they started averaging a million or so per case, that was an incentive for many.

      As I understand it, the Catholic Church was created by in various ways desexualizing ajnd adulterating paganism, and at least the inner circle kept the unadulterated version for themselves. Certainly, in Catholicism as well as some other religions, there has always been an exoteric version for the masses and an esoteric for the insiders. This correlates with Orwell and his idea of a decadent inner party, and a guilt ridden outer party; and also I believe with Neitzsche's idea of a master and slave morality. In a recent post,I gave a link to an article showing higher up are better at lying.

      Peace,
      Tom