Re: From the hill

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2010
      > Bill,
      > Thanks for this. Your recent posts are very interesting to me.
      > I don't know very much about the current Healthcare Legislation, but your analysis sounds correct to me.
      > Jim
      > Thank you for your positive comments. I have been involved for better than forty years but because of the complexity of the matter I usually defer to better researched spokespersons.
      My own profession is largly exempted from the legislation and I know that is because dentists own their own offices and equiptment. We are the last free standing capitalists and under our constitution the government would have to buy us out to take us over. As it is the insurance companies try to control our fees and regulate our services. The last time a bureaucracy tried to bully us the trial lawyers of northern california were refused service by the dentists of the area. The lawyers drove to Nevada to obtain dentistry. The dispute was soon settled.
      Your health care system was roundly condemned by the US insurance companies during the fight over legislation. The interest groups are so numerous and diverse that years of vicious infighting produced nothing. Now the losers are actually threatening legislaters. The FBI is now interveining and in the US we are afraid of that bureaucracy. Your blood runs cold when you see that badge flip open. It seems most incongruous that a bureaucrat transvestite would foster an authority that produces such trepedation.
      The pendulum of change is at its right leaning high point ,now we proceed down through the arch and move to the left. It seems meet and just but some lose control and move to threats and violence. I hope they spare themselves the tragedy of federal prosecution. WRH