On the hill

  • William
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23 8:29 AM
      In an hour Pres Obama will sign the health insurance reform bill.As the smoke begins to clear the overall effect of the legislation begins to emerge. Democrats, doctors,nurses and drug company executives will celebrate while republicans and health company executives will be left to recalculate their balance sheets. This is a cash flow blow to the GOP and the base has reacted with the usual furor and disorder. The anti abortion radicals have played their red queen and did not prevail. The real damage is to the cash flow of republican candidates as the health insurance companies are being capped and overruled by statute.
      It remains to be seen how many of the fat cat executives will retire or quit when faced with more expensive patients to pay for. It appears the suits in different sectors that have been curtailed by government interventions have stayed on at a 85% level. So much for the threatned brain drain . They will stay because they have no other skills.
      I see this as a victory for the people who do productive work. We will not see an exodus of cubies to the handles of spades and fork lifts. They will squat and learn to live with less expansion of monies and power.
      I see it as a good comprimise as the soft office types are better off at their make work jobs than attending tea partys with the base or standing in unemployment lines. In a business that becomes more and more machine based these expensive employees will be slashed as the bottom line is cut.
      So what does it cost to process a claim? How much will be left for the executive to take away in salary and stock options? WRH