Re: [existlist] Spin the pope

  • tom
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2010
      William,

      The altar boy scandals of the last 20 or 30 years substantiates the Neitzsche concept of a master morality for the insiders and the slave morality for the masses. When the Roman Catholic Church was put together around the time of Constantine, the pagan solstices were changed to holy days, and Gods and Goddeses were desexualized and changed to patron saints. However, the unadulterated paganism was kept for the insiders. This also fits with the Orwellian concept of the outer party as the guilt ridden low and middle level administrators; and the inner party quite decadent. Or in the words of Dylan's "Its alright ma"

      "Although the masters make the rules for the wise men and the fools;I got nothing ma to live up to".

      The essence of much of our childish rebellion against Catholicism as well as much else was the illusion that there was a radical difference of opinion between our ideas and theirs. The one group who knows inner party dogma is not as solid as it seems are members of the inner party. Priests messing with altar boys was in many ways similar to commisars in the USSR getting rich. Theoretically, priests were against all non marital sex; and theoretically commisars were against all forms of capitalism.

      Peace,
      Tom