The Genetics of Wants

  • irvhal
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2010
      I'm providing a link to a fascinating site I've discovered, "The Philosophy of Genetics," at freewill.typepad.com/genetics/. Note, if you will Schopenhauer's observation referenced therein that "We can do as we will, but we cannot will as we will." I for one, feel that our thrownness into a world not of our making does emcompass a body and psyche with biological predispositions. But regardless of capacity or proclivity, freedon, properly conceived, as Heidegger might say, reposes in our openness to Being, in our temporalness, in our ability to transcend beings and to recognize and reflect on our selves in situation.