Re: [existlist] My first message

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2010
      Hi Aime,

      On 2 March 2010 13:05, Aime Casavant <aimecasavant@...> wrote:
      > This is my first message to existlist.  My background is social
      > studies with half a dozen or so college courses in philosophy.

      I just wanted to welcome you aboard before anything else. Any
      connection with the great Canadian organ building firm?

      Polly
    • Aime Casavant
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2010
        Yes, its part of the geneology. My great grandfather was from St.
        Hyacinthe, Quebec but migrated to the U.S. about 140 years ago ....

        On Mar 2, 2010, at 2:35 AM, Herman wrote:

        > Hi Aime,
        >
        > On 2 March 2010 13:05, Aime Casavant <aimecasavant@...> wrote:
        > > This is my first message to existlist. My background is social
        > > studies with half a dozen or so college courses in philosophy.
        > >

        > I just wanted to welcome you aboard before anything else. Any
        > connection with the great Canadian organ building firm?
        >
        > Polly

      • Herman
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
          Hi Aime,

          On 3 March 2010 04:50, Aime Casavant <aimecasavant@...> wrote:
          > Yes, its part of the geneology.  My great grandfather was from St.
          > Hyacinthe, Quebec but migrated to the U.S. about 140 years ago ....
          >
          > On Mar 2, 2010, at 2:35 AM, Herman wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Aime,
          >>
          >> On 2 March 2010 13:05, Aime Casavant <aimecasavant@...> wrote:
          >> > This is my first message to existlist.  My background is social
          >> > studies with half a dozen or so college courses in philosophy.

          A little something about myself. I go to pieces when I hear a skillful
          person playing on any creation of Casavant Frères, especially when the
          sound is shaped by a vaulted ceiling,

          I very much appreciated your introduction. If you or anyone else can
          shed further light on how it is that sensations can turn into
          problems, I remain all ears.

          Polly

          >> I just wanted to welcome you aboard before anything else. Any
          >> connection with the great Canadian organ building firm?
          >>
          >> Polly

        • Aime Casavant
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
            I'm lost on your question - that is - "shed further light on how it is
            that sensations can turn into problems." Did I say anything like that
            or by some logical reasoning, suggest it? Or maybe it is another
            conversation you have going ....