Re: [existlist] Introduction

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 1, 2010
      There are two schools of thought here: 1) one that privileges texts and formal knowledge; 2) one that privileges instinct and eschews academics. (I am from the first 'school'.) You will find that that division also seems to have everything to do with the kinds of positions we have taken here. Jim and I tend to be social-democratic and socio-ethical; others here seem to have a more libertarian bent. And others still are uncharacterizable by any measure.

      Wil
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 1, 2010
        Hi Gordon,

        On 2 March 2010 06:57, Gordon LeVasseur <gordonlevasseur@...> wrote:
        > Hello everybody,
        >
        > I am new to the group, new to existentialism, but not new to
        > existence. Is there anything I should know to be a participant? Is
        > there anything you need to know?

        A hearty 'welcome aboard' from me.

        I think you know too much already; you're not getting out of this alive :-)

        Cheers

        Polly