Re: [existlist] Re: Polly's brave new psychopathic world

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13 9:19 PM
      Hi Mary,

      On 14 February 2010 11:35, Mary <josephson45r@...> wrote:
      > Interesting, Polly, but I wasn't even thinking of empathy.

      Yeah, sorry, I get way ahead of myself regularly :-)

      > More the virtual space that's created in our minds through observation of and listening to others( language as virus concept).

      OK.

      > I agree the capacity for empathy varies or is non-existent.

      So what appears to happen in the virtual space is that somehow two
      different schisms can occur. What is one becomes self/other self, both
      being realised as being in a relationship of mutual dependancy.

      Another schism that can occur is what is one becoming subject/object,
      with the subject pre-existing and pre-dominating it's object. It is
      only one of these real schisms that occur that is screwed up, IMO, and
      I think it is the latter. It is the misperception that leads to the
      concept of the soul etc. Enough said.

      Cheers

      Polly

      Mary