Re: [existlist] Re: Virtue ethics and existentialism

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2010
      Bill,

      What goofy statement are you going off about? Your geriatric rants are really approaching dementia. You might have that looked at.

      You accuse Jim of a lack of framework, when the lion's share of his posts deal with just that, trying to come to some general understanding of the theory as a social philosophy. You, on the other hand, engage in all manner of invective and racist rant, replete with calls for mass annihilations and assassinations, never citing any existentialist literature or demonstrating any knowledge WHATSOEVER of any philosophical topic.

      You write: "Virtue ethics does not belong in existentialism and neither do you."

      What on earth are you talking about? Shall make a list of names? Max Scheler comes to mind right away: "The Nature of Sympathy" and "Formalism in Ethics and Non-Formal Ethics of Values". Or Victor Frankl, who wrote about, amongst other things, the nature of responsibility and human decency. Or later Sartre, who wrote about global responsibility and activism for a just world. Or Kierkegaard, on care of the other.

      And why did you qualify ethics as "virtue" ethics? You must know that Nietzsche wrote on virtues. He loved the word, in fact. Look at Beyond Good and Evil. Are you excluding Nietzsche too?

      But the "and neither do you", above, is so juvenile as to cause me to laugh, and at your expense. I would appreciate it if you could show me one -- just one -- post by you that actually deals with existentialism as such. Just one. Because in the years that I have been here, I have never seen anything like that from you. I have no reason to assume that you really have any idea what you are talking about. In my opinion you are a bitter old blowhard and bully, a racist and a homicidal sociopath.

      Wil