RE: [existlist] Re: Existentialism and dating

  • Ryan Dewald
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 4, 2001
      Greg,

      My condolences. Were you close?

      -Ryan

      -----Original Message-----
      From: greg goodwin [mailto:ggoodwin56@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 8:20 AM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [existlist] Re: Existentialism and dating

      Jim,
      Sorry about the long wait for a response but my
      Grandmother died sunday so I have been a bit preempted
      as to my regular activities.
      When you find this woman, see if she a twin sister
      for me.
      Greg
    • Ryan Dewald
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 4, 2001
        I have been itching to get into the dating discussion but I've been too busy
        to broach such a broad issue. First off, Jim, well-worded dilemma I think
        it describes a phenomena with good fidelity.

        This woman's values in a mate, physical image and wealth are understandable
        values. Most of us can imagine someone either too ugly or too impoverished
        to be attractive to us and I think that you acknowledge this too Jim. So
        this girl's initial value system is at least understandable.

        What I wonder is if it's more that she fails to see the value of intellect
        and critical thought that bugs you. I also wonder if it isn't your critical
        thought that's got her coming back for more from you even though you,
        however anemically, repell her advances and if she actually DOES value
        critical though but just hasn't been exposed to a lot of it and hasn't done
        a lot of it herself.

        I recommend 3 options for avenues of action.

        1. Engage her in critical thinking often, plan it out ahead of time. Enjoy
        opening doors of perception for another person, so long as she appreciates
        it. But avoid having sex with her under these conditions since there is a
        natural power imbalance and someone will get hurt or messed up.

        2. If you really are annoyed by her, take her on a short journey through her
        own belief system and pop the seams wherever it's convenient. Explain to
        her why she's too thin, intellectually, for you. But if she's into some
        no-strings sex...

        3. If you really like her then I'd say you've gotta explain your concerns in
        the context of the fact that your eally like her and see what she has to
        say. Explain your philosophy and why you believe what you do, she ought to
        volunteer hers. If you can identify the differences and are both okay with
        them, then Rock On! If you can't, then it should be clear to you both and
        no one should get too hurt.

        Most of all HAVE FUN! It's the only life you get!

        I'm no expert or anything, but that's what came to mind on my shoestring
        budget of time.

        Good luck and do keep us informed!!

        Ryan the antichrist... I mean anarchist
      • Bill Harris
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 4, 2001
          Et, all. I have followed the conversation regarding mating habits of the
          north american bull existentialist. It supports my contention that breeding
          is a hormonal exercise bereft of reason or for that matter accountability.
          It therefore takes me to a topic which relates most directly to both the
          intellectual diviance of sexual behavior and existentialism. That topic is
          will. Bill
          > Sorry about the long wait for a response but my
          > Grandmother died sunday so I have been a bit preempted
          > as to my regular activities.
          > When you find this woman, see if she a twin sister
          > for me.
          > Greg

        • greg goodwin
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 4, 2001
            and tripletts quads etc.
            It would be nice to share with those around you.
            However if they would and I could I would
            take/fornicate all as well.
            Enjoy my friend enjoy
            Greg
            --- Jim Aiden <livewild@...> wrote:

            > Greg,
            >
            > if she exists and has a twin, I taking the both of
            > them.... moving to
            > Utah... and becoming a Mormon.
            >
            > J.Aiden
            >
            > ---------------------
            >
            > --- In existlist@y..., greg goodwin
            > <ggoodwin56@y...> wrote:
            > > Jim,
            > > Sorry about the long wait for a response but my
            > > Grandmother died sunday so I have been a bit
            > preempted
            > > as to my regular activities.
            > > When you find this woman, see if she a twin
            > sister
            > > for me.
            > > Greg
            > > --- Jim Aiden <livewild@h...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Greg,
            > > >
            > > > you seem to have all the bases covered. Any
            > woman
            > > > left over?
            > > >
            > > > I prefer highly intelligent, motivated,
            > saintly
            > > > girls, with a
            > > > great set of legs, a beautiful face, and a
            > > > dedication to orally
            > > > pleasuring me before and after cooking me
            > dinner.
            > > > Not asking much eh?
            > > >
            > > > Actually I'd 'settle' for an all right
            > looking
            > > > girl (if I can
            > > > orgasm once or twice a week, it's enough) but
            > > > someone that loves me
            > > > to death, will stay devoted, and someone that is
            > > > happy just being
            > > > with and taking care of me. I guess I should
            > add...
            > > > I have to respect
            > > > her.
            > > >
            > > > And I don't want someone that is unhappy
            > because
            > > > in the end I'll
            > > > end up on rack right alongside them. Hard to
            > find
            > > > happy people these
            > > > days though... especially woman. The media has
            > > > created a nightmare of
            > > > perfection for them to aspire to. Unfortunately,
            > > > noticed men seem
            > > > to be going in the same direction. Luckily, like
            > > > yourself, I am
            > > > already an ideal specimen for a breeding
            > male.....
            > > > yeah... really...I
            > > > think I'm falling for you... you are so
            > beautiful...
            > > > I love you so
            > > > much.... sorry honey....what do you mean I'm
            > > > judgmental... of course
            > > > I care about you...you make no sense....keep
            > away
            > > > from me....I'm
            > > > going to call the cops if you don't stop
            > hounding
            > > > me...
            > > >
            > > > Your right sometimes.... Waa-tish. Who's your
> [...]
            === message truncated ===

            http://shopping.yahoo.com