Don`t tread on me

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2010
      Herman, The reason we knew we were right in our rebellion was because level headed kids like you supported the cadre that stood in opposition. You were the crowd we disappeared into when the attacks were over. When something blew up you were the ones who kept your mouth shut.
      I read" Seven Pillars of Wisdom" early on. I read " Sparticus". I was forced to read Jefferson as I was required to write the Constitution of the United States as punishment for some attack. That was like throwing gasoline on flames.
      The parallels with the middle east terrorists are many and rational. Mao read T.E. Lawrence. Osama Bin Ladin read both Mao and Lawrence. In the mix I read Ho Chi Mihn and Special Forces Strategy manuals.
      Non proportional conflict is a two sided coin that can be endless war if the root causes are not delt with. I have a tendancy to see guerilla conflicts from both sides as I understand many of the the motovations of the warring factions. Gen Patraeus plays the game extremely well and has done better than Gen Westmorland . Actually MacAuthor , after the shock of nuclear war, did the best job of erradicating zealot fanatics.
      Existentialism can position one above such damning ideologies. If you are above the moral/ethical fray you can begin to identify causes and suggest ways to quell the violence. If you are fighting for a god you are just a stupid soldier.
      Add in the Merks and you can begin to see who can do what to whom.
      A demand for human rights is perhaps the most special and most fearce of any human demand. It denotes an evolutionary step toward individualism. It is a shame to turn them to radioactive dust just when they begin to understand part of the equation. Bill