buddhism and blindness to reality

  • tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2010
      Polly and all,

      Just to clarify things, not all nuns or brothers used corporal punishment. It was a pro choice situation in where they had great freedom to use rather severe corporal punishment if they felt like it, or to not use it. To be fair, I recall some nuns as well as brothers who chose not to. As I recall in high school, all the coaches who were also teachers used corporal punishment sometimes, but not as often or as severely as the coach I mentioned. During a study hall one time he swatted a kid with glasses because the kid was attempting to adjust the venetian blinds, while the rosary was being said. I heard the kid's glasses went flying across the room. I have 2 friends a good bit younger than me who also attended that high school, and from what I heard that coach was still famous for slapping the hell out of kids he felt needed slapping. He'd have been a good guard at Abu Grav.

      Peace,
      Tom