Re: You need help...

  • nothing@theabsurd.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
      << >prince of what fucking country are you? sounds like a slave. <

      I would offer the same. -JA >>

      You would? I sound like a slave because I am not interested in
      treating a partner as subservient? I am assuming I misunderstand
      because you can't possibly rationalize what I think you said.

      Feel free to clarify.

      helpless
      ----------------------
    • Jim Aiden
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
        Slavery is an imposed state. The idea is to treat one another as
        King and Queen. No one is morally, emotionally or physically bound to
        such behavior... to be not because one has to... but because one
        wants to. To take ownership and responsibility for each others lives
        as if it were one's own through action, not only feeling.

        As I said... to encompass the selfishness inherent in all of us...
        to include the other. As I don't know what a 'soulmate' is, I can
        think of no stronger or passionate union in the world of living.

        J.Aiden

        -----------------------------

      • nothing@theabsurd.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
          Well, Jimmy, what'd you mean by this:

          "someone that is happy just being with ...
          taking care of me."

          Sounds awfully like you expect to be sitting on a clean bear rug
          nekkid whilst someone drops grapes in your mouth and bathes your feet.

          It's less a relationship than worshipping, and isn't the latter a
          pittiful state of affairs...

          keel below the boat
          ----------------------------
        • Jim Aiden
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
            << "someone that is happy just being with ... taking care of me." >>

            Exactly what I said... somebody that would be happy doing it.

            This does not mean I would take advantage of it since this would
            not be an action of love on my part. But were I to get sick that a
            person would still be content... even though it might require them to
            feed me grapes while giving me naked sponge baths. You may call it
            worshipping or pitiful if you like... although I think most
            relationships I observe are more true to the latter statement.

            Forgive me for not succumbing to Hollywood ideals of what a
            relationship should be about... even though the psychology in modern
            western relationships is so obviously successful and enlightened.
            However to each his own...

            Romantic pitiful fool

            J.Aiden