Re: Rabbit responsibility

  • fleeting_return
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2010

      > Hi Louise,
      >
      > 2010/1/22 fleeting_return <hecubatoher@...>:
      > > Bill,
      > > - to respond to Polly's charge that I never criticise you - it is obvious that you always know whereof you speak, and the internal coherence of your thought is not in doubt.
      >
      > I love reading a great turn of phrase, and Bill is capable of
      > rendering these at will. I think Bill is witty, incisive and
      > entertaining.

      > He also has a penchant for going for the throat of the
      > hominem, where the savaging of the hominems idea would have done
      > just fine, IMO.

      Going for the throat of the hominem is existentialism. One form of it, anyway. I mean it as a truth of a single individual. An encouragement to stay alive. Some of us are more outnumbered than others. Anyway, haven't you noticed that it can bring out the best in people? Not in me, admittedly, but it is not directed at me. Hope can be found in thought, and threat draws it from its hiding-places. Louise