RE: [existlist] Re: Exit dating...you need training

  • C. S. Wyatt
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2001
      The more I read what other men think, the more I wonder how humans have
      created anything social.

      - C. S. Wyatt
      Tameri Publications, Magic Dragon Books
      http://www.tameri.com
      http://www.magicdragoned.com
    • Jim Aiden
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
        > prince of what fucking country are you? sounds like a slave. <

        I would offer the same. However you may settle for whatever it is
        you desire.

        J.Aiden

        -------------------------------------

      • nothing@theabsurd.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
          << >prince of what fucking country are you? sounds like a slave. <

          I would offer the same. -JA >>

          You would? I sound like a slave because I am not interested in
          treating a partner as subservient? I am assuming I misunderstand
          because you can't possibly rationalize what I think you said.

          Feel free to clarify.

          helpless
          ----------------------
        • Jim Aiden
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
            Slavery is an imposed state. The idea is to treat one another as
            King and Queen. No one is morally, emotionally or physically bound to
            such behavior... to be not because one has to... but because one
            wants to. To take ownership and responsibility for each others lives
            as if it were one's own through action, not only feeling.

            As I said... to encompass the selfishness inherent in all of us...
            to include the other. As I don't know what a 'soulmate' is, I can
            think of no stronger or passionate union in the world of living.

            J.Aiden

            -----------------------------

          • nothing@theabsurd.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
              Well, Jimmy, what'd you mean by this:

              "someone that is happy just being with ...
              taking care of me."

              Sounds awfully like you expect to be sitting on a clean bear rug
              nekkid whilst someone drops grapes in your mouth and bathes your feet.

              It's less a relationship than worshipping, and isn't the latter a
              pittiful state of affairs...

              keel below the boat
              ----------------------------
            • Jim Aiden
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
                << "someone that is happy just being with ... taking care of me." >>

                Exactly what I said... somebody that would be happy doing it.

                This does not mean I would take advantage of it since this would
                not be an action of love on my part. But were I to get sick that a
                person would still be content... even though it might require them to
                feed me grapes while giving me naked sponge baths. You may call it
                worshipping or pitiful if you like... although I think most
                relationships I observe are more true to the latter statement.

                Forgive me for not succumbing to Hollywood ideals of what a
                relationship should be about... even though the psychology in modern
                western relationships is so obviously successful and enlightened.
                However to each his own...

                Romantic pitiful fool

                J.Aiden