Re: Exit dating...you need training

  • nothing@theabsurd.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2001
      << I'd 'settle' for an all right looking girl...that loves me to death,
      will stay devoted, and someone that is happy just being with ...
      taking care of me .. [and] I have to respect her.>>

      prince of what fucking country are you? sounds like a slave.

      unbelievable in this day and age
    • C. S. Wyatt
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2001
        The more I read what other men think, the more I wonder how humans have
        created anything social.

        - C. S. Wyatt
        Tameri Publications, Magic Dragon Books
        http://www.tameri.com
        http://www.magicdragoned.com
      • Jim Aiden
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
          > prince of what fucking country are you? sounds like a slave. <

          I would offer the same. However you may settle for whatever it is
          you desire.

          J.Aiden

          -------------------------------------

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
            << >prince of what fucking country are you? sounds like a slave. <

            I would offer the same. -JA >>

            You would? I sound like a slave because I am not interested in
            treating a partner as subservient? I am assuming I misunderstand
            because you can't possibly rationalize what I think you said.

            Feel free to clarify.

            helpless
            ----------------------
          • Jim Aiden
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
              Slavery is an imposed state. The idea is to treat one another as
              King and Queen. No one is morally, emotionally or physically bound to
              such behavior... to be not because one has to... but because one
              wants to. To take ownership and responsibility for each others lives
              as if it were one's own through action, not only feeling.

              As I said... to encompass the selfishness inherent in all of us...
              to include the other. As I don't know what a 'soulmate' is, I can
              think of no stronger or passionate union in the world of living.

              J.Aiden

              -----------------------------

            • nothing@theabsurd.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
                Well, Jimmy, what'd you mean by this:

                "someone that is happy just being with ...
                taking care of me."

                Sounds awfully like you expect to be sitting on a clean bear rug
                nekkid whilst someone drops grapes in your mouth and bathes your feet.

                It's less a relationship than worshipping, and isn't the latter a
                pittiful state of affairs...

                keel below the boat
                ----------------------------
              • Jim Aiden
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 2001
                  << "someone that is happy just being with ... taking care of me." >>

                  Exactly what I said... somebody that would be happy doing it.

                  This does not mean I would take advantage of it since this would
                  not be an action of love on my part. But were I to get sick that a
                  person would still be content... even though it might require them to
                  feed me grapes while giving me naked sponge baths. You may call it
                  worshipping or pitiful if you like... although I think most
                  relationships I observe are more true to the latter statement.

                  Forgive me for not succumbing to Hollywood ideals of what a
                  relationship should be about... even though the psychology in modern
                  western relationships is so obviously successful and enlightened.
                  However to each his own...

                  Romantic pitiful fool

                  J.Aiden