Status Update on TEP (and Us)

  • PoetCSW
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2010
      I have started from the top of the alphabet and am editing the pages of The Existential Primer again. I realize there are some sloppy mistakes in spelling, grammar, and format. I have only made it to Camus, so far. This is purely an editing pass -- content will have to wait a few months.

      Quite honestly, the mailing list was too much to read while winding down my research at the Univ. of Minnesota. I'm currently seeking a tenure-track post, so the job hunt consumes the time I was spending on research.

      The Existential Primer is a mess, and I know it. If you find major errors, let me know (directly via e-mail). I'm hoping my teaching load next year will allow me time to add far more value to TEP by drawing from a wider variety of sources. Right now, it's barely a high school level introduction to existentialism, if that.

      With hundreds of books to finally start digesting and citing, I should be quite busy in coming months. I do hope to balance my writing time a bit better this year.

      Honestly, I have never seen the job market in academia this bad. It's never great (too many doctorates for too few full-time posts), but this is a uniquely weak market. Let us hope things improve. I'll likely return to reading the list in two to three months, after I know if/where I'll be next year.

      Best to all.

      - C. S. Wyatt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2010
        Good luck to you in the new year. Mary