RE: [existlist] Re: Attack of the Clones

  • greg goodwin
    Message 1 of 123 , Nov 29, 2001
      Eduard,
      Wouldn't it certainly be a grand expenditure of
      government monies, and would certainly be reason
      enough for it to be granted. Thanks for the bite!
      Greg
      --- Eduard Alf <yeoman@...> wrote:
      > Greg,
      >
      > We are already on that slippery slope. Why would we
      > have such a study?
      > Would it be used as evidence to somehow control the
      > Clone Club. I doubt
      > that once the Club gets really going, it will not be
      > open for more
      > discussion. In any case, such studies have been the
      > bread and butter of
      > sociologists for years and none of that has really
      > been of any difference.
      > One the one hand you have a group who are interested
      > in power, and on the
      > other a nice pile of bounded papers. Guess which
      > one moves the fastest with
      > the mostest.
      >
      > eduard

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
    • eduard at home
      Message 123 of 123 , Jan 11, 2004
        It occurs to me that one side of religion is that it provides words. Actually this may be more important for the average believer than some kind of god experience or even of pensive prayer. I suppose that this would also apply as well to philosophy such as Existentialism.

        What I am getting at is that the brain, in trying to identify some kind of pattern, must formulate this in the form of words in order to describe the pattern to itself. The ancient Greek who observes the passing of the sun, might ponder what it actually is. The script* of "Apollo's chariot" provides an easy answer. We say the script and are satisfied ... at least for the time being.

        Existentialism, as well, is a matter of words. The scripts that it provides can be run through the mind, in answer to our questions on existence. The high priests of Existentialism, such as Sartre, put great effort in developing the scripts ... sometimes inventing new words/phrases. In the global community/brain, we pass these words around and in the process make them stronger and deeper held.

        The temperature outside is -8c and snowing. I put out some more seed on the bird feeder. There's a hawk in the neighbourhood, so this may well become a bird bird feeder.

        Time for my nap ...

        eduard
        Keep those neurons happy ...