RE: STOP SENDING ME existlist MAI [existlist] Media demons

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 29, 2001
      he/she has got 5992 posts to go ...
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Ryan Dewald [mailto:rdewald@...]
      Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 7:16 PM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: STOP SENDING ME existlist MAI [existlist] Media demons

      This is too good!

      Ryan

      -----Original Message-----
      From: chasysu@... [mailto:chasysu@...]
      Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 5:12 PM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com

      IF I KEEP RECEIVING EMAILS FROM EXISTLIST SUBSCRIBERS AT THIS ADDRESS,
      THERE
      WILL BE LEGAL ACTION TAKEN.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • greg goodwin
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 29, 2001
        Only 9 posts, a beginner!!
        Greg
        > IF I KEEP RECEIVING EMAILS FROM EXISTLIST
        > SUBSCRIBERS AT THIS ADDRESS,
        > THERE
        > WILL BE LEGAL ACTION TAKEN.

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > Terms of Service.

        > removed]

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
      • Eduard Alf
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 29, 2001
          Well Greg, it looks like our little software addition, which prevents people
          from leaving existlist, is working.
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 30, 2001
            "IF I KEEP RECEIVING EMAILS FROM EXISTLIST SUBSCRIBERS AT THIS ADDRESS, THERE
            WILL BE LEGAL ACTION TAKEN."

            O' PLEASE do so. Your problem is with yahoo.com - and if you are experiencing problems getting off the list, then your buisness is with them. As described in the TOS (Terms Of Service) from Yahoos side; a software glitch like this might occur, but they are not to be blamed. I'm sorry, but due to US Laws, I believe you'd have problems with that as you accepted the TOS when signing in here.

            A few sugjestions could be going to http://groups.yahoo.com manage your greoups and remove yourself from this one. If you from that place log into the group you are also able to change the settings to *NO E-MAIL* yourself. I doubt that Yahoo is that buggy. Also I have good experiences by going to the specific groups page, where there is a link where you can remove yourself also - takes you through two or three screens before you go off. The Groups page is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/existlist

            As for the intentional SPAMMING of this group, I'm quite certain that the rest of us here is nice enough not to repport it to yahoo. It is against the Yahoo TOS, and they'd actually be able to file a lawsuit against you for harassing people intentionally - as would the rest of us here. Such a destructive behaviour falls under the US laws of harassments.

            If you expect to see freindly help, I sugjest that you ask niceley or go by the scources that you are supposed to and ask in a freindly matter.

            Angelic
            Yulian

            Respectfully submitted.

            " Magic is a way of life. "

          • greg goodwin
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 30, 2001
              Eduard,
              It appears that he didn't believe in the twilight
              Greg

              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 30, 2001
                Things do usually work smoothly when done properly and
                with genuine respect.
                Greg
                --- "Yulian K. Gaard" <cfp8142@...>