The Essence of Original Paganism.

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2009
      The Essence of Original Paganism.

      And the knowledge of Self and the not Self.

      Dick Richardson

      West Somerset. UK. 2006 CE

      http://www.psychognosis.net <http://www.psychognosis.net/>

      When human beings lived in caves thousands of years ago some of them
      discovered that some caves had a quality of sound resonance (no doubt
      early forms of music effecting the mind by way of echoing resonance
      – the Power of Sound). This caused (and still causes) the mind to
      let go of daily affairs and discursive rational thought patterns and
      journey into itself. This inner journey resulted initially in
      experiences much like modern day accounts of Near Death Experiences,
      (and of which there are thousands documented) but go far deeper than
      symbolic archetypes of the psyche. An inner journey through the realms
      of the subconscious mind, and through and beyond the levels of
      Archetypes and visual constructions (symbolic image emanations – and
      as in near death experiences) which are considered spiritual or
      metaphysical. But not really so.

      However, if this inner journey continues without interruption then it
      results in an event way beyond anything known by most people then or
      even now; and which you do not read of in most books. This event has no
      doubt been called many things throughout time and by way of all nations
      and cultures. Probably the best of the ancient accounts of this
      particular mystical cognitive event arose in ancient Greece, and wherein
      they called it the Mystical Gnosis (Knowledge); or The Mystical Reunion:
      The Mystic Death and Resurrection Event; etc. Not, one hastens to add,
      to be confused with the religion called Gnosticism; let alone modern day
      Neo-Gnosticism – which was but one distortion of all this due to
      ignorance of it and infiltration by Christianity; and sometimes for
      vested interests and politics – believing it was not knowing it by
      experience.

      The event culminates in the mind returning into its primordial unified
      self – a reunion of the mind with the essence it itself in its
      ground of primordial being – beyond space and moving time. Hence,
      the Eternal Gnosis, and the Perennial Wisdom and Philosophy. The gnosis
      however, is not the event or the journey to it but rather as to what is
      learned and understood whilst ones consciousness is at the level of
      being. It has had many other named attributes such as the peace which
      passes all understanding; the wisdom of the spheres, the undivided
      divine order of BEING; the grail of eternal life; and other such terms.

      It would seem that Stonehenge was the first constructed out-door sound
      amplifier for this purpose of the mystical reunion event – the inner
      faces of the stones were cut to reflect sound back into the centre –
      and which has been tested in a reconstruction and it works. This is why
      so many people have some level of mystical experience whilst listening
      to music. But there are of course other triggers too – such as deep
      feelings of beauty and passion, Excitation; and which make the mind let
      go of daily affairs and travel inward to some degree. It is odd as to
      how some latter folk came to call such events as `higher levels of
      being' as opposed to deeper levels of being, and resulting back into
      the primordial implicate order of things. But it seems most things do
      get distorted when the mob gets hold of them. Democracy in action. And
      Politics and big business.

      Needless to say that over millennia, and probably for mob cultural
      indoctrination, these events became symbolised by way of stories and
      myths which the mob could grasp in their minds eye. The most common of
      which was that of a god-man who comes to earth to save people from their
      acts of stupidity by giving them knowledge which saves them from the
      stupid antics of greed and hedonism, and offers them paradise in
      eternity (which the experience itself is actually about) but as a reward
      for being good. But the mob laugh at him and kill him, for they like
      their way of life better, tis more fun as they see it. Throughout time
      many such god-men were constructed – and people believed them to be
      real; instead of symbolic archetypes. Even unto this day alas.

      Eventually the reality become lost in the symbolisms and cultural myths.
      But a few in each generation come to spontaneously undergo the same
      experiential event, and they all say the same things – albeit in
      their own words of course; and just as people do today who come to know
      it. Thus, this event and this mystical gnosis rears its head in each
      generation, and never to be forgotten completely on earth. And much to
      the annoyance of organised religions and their priestcraft (all politics
      and profit is that lot).

      But the biggest ever catalyst to push it underground was the political
      power of Rome in the early centuries of the common era. When they knew
      their Empire was collapsing and that it could not be held together with
      the sword, they lit upon an idea. They would rule the world with another
      idea and put themselves in charge of it and become the key holders to
      the paradise of eternity. They threatened purgatory if you did not
      believe them and do what they say, and fun and games after death if you
      behaved yourself. Thus they destroyed all the pagan temples, documents,
      books, records (even the Library of Alexandria); killed all the mystics
      (and scientists too) and anybody who ridiculed their silly contrived
      religion – and with so little ingenuity that they even created
      another god-man to replace all the other symbolisms and metaphors of a
      god-man from antiquity. One could say Christianity, but one should
      really say Rome, is the worst virus ever to plague the human mind.

      However, and be all that is it was, and still is to a degree today, the
      truth of things will always out. People will always continue to have
      this deepest of all known transcendent mystical experiences, the gnosis
      event, the mystical reunion; Re-Legio; and which addresses the perennial
      questions of what we are, where we come from, why we exist, and why
      anything exists. Tis the mind returning to its primordial mode of being.
      This event happens, and no constructed religions or myths, or laws of
      man, will ever stop it. We will become on earth as we are in essence in
      that mystical ground of our eternal being when the implicate order
      becomes more predominant on earth in the mind and consciousness of man.
      The world will not come right until such time that man has a better
      understanding of their mystical consciousness and get themselves right
      first. This event does it and reveals the true original self and its
      primordial consciousness. But alas it is still very rare as yet per
      capita of a give generation.

      And this is why the wiser amongst the ancient Greeks said `Know Thy
      Self'. For the great beauty of knowing ones essential SELF is in
      that one simultaneously understands all that is NOT ones SELF (the Thou
      of the `I – Thou' relationship of the observer and the
      observed), and the self then lives (as it does in that realm too as the
      I AM ) as the lover of the loved. And the self lives for everything
      which is not the self - but in that dignity of what that self
      essentially is – AS IS. And thus the Dignity of Man, and from whence
      we come and to whither we return on occasions. The ground of all Being.
      Home. We are all the same stuff at root. And time does not last for ever
      – so enjoy it whilst it does, for it is all from the same place
      – a leaf, a tree, a mountain, and the incarnate mind of Man. There
      is no gap, no differentiation, in the mono-pole unity in ground of all
      being. But all manifest things in time and space are products of its
      essential nature – see the beauty, feel the passion, and know the
      wonder. It is all there for you.

      How best can Man give thanks or respect to all this (it needs no thanks
      by the way), but the answer is easy – laugh and sing, enjoy being,
      and grab the day; and lend a helping hand to any who may need it –
      for you have been given more than enough. The best that any man can do
      is to live in the respect of the dignity and integrity of what we are in
      essence and of life itself. And we are the stuff that dreams are made
      on. And we are the stuff that can make this word a better place for
      children to be born into and live on. For it is only here that we can
      share BEING with others. Nothing else is going to do it for us –
      the job is yours. And everything you need for the job is within you now
      and supplied in the very beginning – and even before time tore
      asunder the repose of the divine unity of all being. But time is good,
      use it well and wisely.

      Gnothi Seauton.

      Dick Richardson.