The spirtuality of Stonhenge

  • William
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2009
      Dick, I watched this great show on the "Meaning and purpose of Stonhenge. You being a Brit and a wizard probably have sensitive intel about such a monument.
      The researchers were acoustic engineers and "Proved " their thesis that the place was an acoustic and visual preformance theatre used to establish political power. They propose the use of drumbs and torches to cause a hypnotic groop transe. Low tech brain washing for control of the masses? What you say,rwr? Bill
    • rwr
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2009
        Yes, I will post an article which I wrote years ago on this topic. It is
        called something like The Original Foundations of Paganism – or
        something like that. I will have to find it in my archives, and then I
        will post it.

        I am not a wizard by the way, just an ordinary man. The reason that the
        Yanks dubbed me Merlin years ago (just a bit of fun, that is all) is
        because I am from hear – Near Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Tintagel, and
        all that stuff :- ) Tis a very inspirational and beautiful area,
        especially Exmoor. I don't belong to anything and never have, and I
        don't have any magic wands or pointed hats :- )) We leave the Yanks
        to get on with all that stuff, they love it :- )))

        In the good old days I used to drive past Stonehenge three or four times
        a week. I used to stop and sit on the stones and have a beer and
        sandwiches in peace and quiet. But one cannot even get to them now. They
        still let these nut case druids in at the solstice however :- )

        Dick Richardson

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" <v.valleywestdental@...>