Re: Backache

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2009
      Stress indeed. I never would have been in the stock market if I hadn't acquired a major backache. Sixteen years ago, because of my inability to fight, but to flee mightily, a series of bad decisions landed me on the side of a mountain. My husband drove me off a cliff and my spine was shattered. Due to a legal loophole I was able to sue him yet remain married. We invested the resulting settlement in the market and lived off the profits. After a series of attempts to crush the archaic ideology of the nuclear family, there was nothing left to fight for. Moral of the story? Take the money and run. Mary

      > I think the backache is a result of stress. It will go away when the stress is relieved. I cannot prove that statement but have observed the phenominon. Just being in the market during these past few months was an act of risk tolerance. When the money is yours and you are the commander the responsibility is completely personal. The rewards cut the opposite way and one might feel relief from psychogenic pain. It seems the nervous system has its signals to the rest of the body. It sounds like Soros has a version of the sequence of events. With the fortunes he had at stake he could have been writhing in pain. I like some of his writing and hope he getts better. Besides he is more fun than the Furnature man. Cruising around Omaha just can`t compare with cruising the Med. I have managed to cruise a good deal of the Caribbean and the rapturous Lake of the Ozarks. A rich guy has kept the Ozarks a place of refreshing freedom. We have run wide open there . Now there you could get a real backache. The next generation of offshore boats featured belted stantions. The women had it the worst, they learned not to drink or smoke and to secure both hands. I have seen Priscilla flying parallel to the deck. Great fun, great danger.
      > Perhaps Mr Soros should take one of his 10 meter boats out and get an adjustment in attitude. It is best to keep the mighty,comfortable. Bill

    • William
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2009
        Mary, Take the money and buy gold. Gold,the barbaric metal, has true revenge value for those of us skewered by the market and real estate crash. I get great satisfaction in wearing heavy gold jewlery to functions inhabited by "pure" business types. Bankers and insurance slime really hate the flow of investment dollars away from their coffers and into gold.Instead of wearing their symbol of obeasance,the neck tie, I wear one or more heavy gold necklaces. It is fun to flash it in their faces while encouraging commodity investment.
        Greed and mismanagement are being repaid with the barbaric metal and gains in gold ,flashed and brandished, are heart warming stakes when driven into the hearts of the pigs. Vengance is mine laughs Crassus. Bill