godsmashing

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      Dick,

      An existentialist mind can be likened to particle accelerator when there is high probability regarding the outcome. The smashing of concepts leads to annihilation and creation of new synthesis. We will uncover more subatomic particles, dark matter and gravity. These discoveries will change life as we know it, or rather as those who come after us will know it.

      Energy and matter merely trade space, so I don't think there was a beginning or will be an ending of the cosmos. We are organized particles observing ourselves. We are what we are now, not then. We don't know now, if there was or will be a then that we can know.

      Existentialism will continue to exist as a haven for anyone who doesn't fit into other paradigms and who seeks to understand their in/significance within the universe. Each new technology, each new personal epiphany is evaluated and reevaluated. Decisions have to be made each day, and these require courage and regard for others.

      Living merely to narrate your ecstasies and traumas is neither truth, beauty nor love. It is glory days speak and probably an oppressive burden for those who are unable to duplicate your experience. How disappointing for you. You blame them for their failures just like the priests and gurus do. Having an altered state of consciousness now does not predict a then. If you come from/are in a silent paradise, please remain there. If you have no use for actual philosophy, we have no use for you. Your free speech is hurting my eyes, and since no members have managed to elicit discussion from you, you should continue your monologue elsewhere. Because we read and gather here to discuss existentialism in no way indicates we aren't living. How ignorant and arrogant.

      We're just a moment in a paradise of particles.