Dig up a bone

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2009
      It is a flat news cycle and I have been back to particle physics. Particle physics is as bad a name as is global warming. It does ,however, beat out Dick`s mad ramblings for interesting theory to ponder. I know Mary may object but I think "The god particle" may be a good name for the Higgs Boson until we create/destroy it. Now Dick claims to have a good background in physics so perhaps we can enlist his Univac level brain to explain how a particle can impart mass to matter. I have read that the Higgs is a particle that potentiates matter to cluster within it`s aura. Since it is sub atomic it would seem to organise quarks on a subatomic level. A quark/gluon substrate is organised by the Higgs to elemental matter with measureable mass. Then we can climb through the periodic table to form the elements. It seems in that very short time span a billionth of a secound after the Big Bang, energy cools and a condensate of high energy proto matter exists. It is in those temperature ranges that the god particle can organise clumps of massive matter. At those very high temperatures it is postulated that worm holes could lead to parallel universes and time travel through the portal. I do not buy into the idea of time travel since the energies required are far beyond anything life sustaining. Finding and manipulating the Higgs would fill out the cosmic equations and verify the Big Bang theory. Finally we could lock in scientific physics and exclude mysticism and all the putrid sorcerary we have suffered through the ages. No more dungeon and dragons, no more made up belief systems, no more Dicky doodle`s Exmoor, no Isalm,catholocism, protestantism or any of the other shit that has slowed us for centuries and caused us to bow down to tyrants. I think existentialism is the only thinking system that can operate in an expanding,finite universe. Certainly we all still buy it in the end but at least we understood the game we were in and did not stare blankly at the stars like a dumb animal. So if we can dig up this final bone the god particle may set us free. Bill