Those were the days my friend.

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2009
      Those were the days my friend.

      [ "Once upon a time there was a tavern; where we used to raise a glass
      or two. Remember how we laughed away the hours, and dreamed of all the
      great things we would do. Those were the days my friend, we thought
      they'd never end, we'd sing and dance forever and a day. We'd live the
      life we choose; we'd fight and never lose; for we were young and sure to
      have our way. Those were the days my friend.

      Then the busy years went rushing by us; we lost our starry notions on
      the way. If by chance I'd see you in the tavern, we'd smile at one
      another and we'd say. Those were the days my friend. Just tonight I
      stood before the tavern; and nothing seemed the way it used to be. In
      the glass I saw a strange reflection. Was that lonely woman really me.
      Through the door there came familiar laughter. I saw your face and
      heard you call my name. Oh my friend we're older but no wiser; for in
      our hearts the dreams are still the same".]

      And will they go on saying this until their time is done. Ahh, to dream
      is good. But to make it happen is better. But even if you make it
      happen, one will still look back one day and say; Ahh, those were the
      days my friend. But, in order to say that then one must have been there
      and lived it and done it. Otherwise it means nothing at all. Dreams are
      not for just dreaming. But, if it seems that your dreams never do come
      true, and that you cannot make them come true, then keep in mind that it
      is not all over yet. Life is never in the past, nor in the future made.
      Only memories are in the past, and hopes are in the future, but life is
      always now. Now is the time to do. Huh, I wonder where I learned that.
      Not in the past, and not in the future; and that is for sure; for I have
      never lived there. Don't even know where they are. I guess one went that
      way and the other is coming from that way; and they kinda meet in the
      middle where I am at now. Does that mean that the future is coming this
      way faster than the past is receding? Oh hell, too complicated for me.
      Let's have a drink and sing a song.

      rwr