How can I be in two places at once?

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2009
      How can I be in two places at once?

      (for the psychognosis event group)

      How can I be in two places at once? This, I guess, is the question in
      which and where the Protophysics of The Mystical experience meets the
      Physics of the world of Time and Space. The only problem being is that
      The Mystical experience does not address physics or anything found and
      known in time and space. So, something of a minor problem there to be
      sure. But, of course, problems are for overcoming are they not. This
      does not mean that I have overcome it all – dammit !

      However. In The Mystical experience I am THERE, not here. Or one should
      more correctly say that I AM there, not here. And as I have said enough
      times before, `I' does not know anything about this world or even that
      I (this bit that is) is here. Yet this bit out here in time and space
      consciousness (me the personality) knows that I am here and that bit is
      there and that there is another bit of me in the middle. Weird eh.

      But, I (not I AM) is here, on earth in time and space and not there in
      the other place. So how come? What on earth, and elsewhere, is going on?
      These are among the questions which I was asking myself in 1964.
      Unfortunately I am still damn well asking more of them, and not getting
      very far alas. Maybe that is why others in the past decided to call it
      Mysticism, for it is not only axiomatic but the rational discursive mind
      cannot quite wrap itself around all of this in terms of a full
      compression. Well, not yet anyway; but give us time. Oh sorry, just
      remembered, we have already got it haven't we; also axiomatic because I
      exist in it here. Seems to be an abundance of it too. But to say that I
      exist in it does not mean that I AM exists in it. Hence, on the face of
      it then it seems that I exist in two places, and the same time. Odd
      that.

      However, there is an even bigger problem to get ones head around in that
      there is a third bit, the middle bit, for I found another place too, a
      place where three kinds of roads all meet up (the Circuminsession of the
      Trinity). But just before they did then I was in THREE places at the
      same time-fascinating ! It gets odder and odder doesn't it. As outlined
      in the Double Vortex of Emanation Theory.

      So, what gives? What is going on and how? How can I be in two places at
      the same time, or even three? Hell, I need a fag and beer for that one!
      But what is the actual problem enshrined within? Well that also seems to
      be some kind of trinity ball park too. Plainly, there are three active
      ingredients here in this mixing bowl; they are Consciousness, Gravity,
      and Light.

      But before going on one has to mention that one is not actually
      experiencing being in two place at the same instant, let alone three
      places at the same instant. Why? Well, that bit is tied up certainly
      with consciousness, and maybe also gravity. Because self consciousness
      (here in time and space) can only experience being in one place at a
      time, not two or three simultaneously. However, even that is not cut and
      dry, for there is a rare event in time and space in which that other
      consciousness (the bit from the first place) is actually existing here
      in time and space, but it is experienced as through the consciousness of
      time and space (the me which is here). This I call the Reciprocal
      Convergence, or the Consummatum Incarnate event. But that only happened
      once and lasted for about one hour here. But that too was axiomatic and
      unarguable. And yet, it is as though a part of it lingers on and is
      also here all the time. This seems to be wrapped up the sensory
      enhancement thing, or what somebody else calls the potentiation of
      Latent Sensory Development. You can see why it is all mysterious can
      you not. Only the Pope knows all the answers and is infallible; -)
      Well, apart from the other two geezers for whom he works of course.

      However, I do not think it is a case of either me or consciousness
      existing in two (or three) places all at the same time, but rather that
      one bit is always there (except that there is no always but only NOW
      there) and that the other two bits are, well, kind of stretched out bits
      of it in an emanation vortex of energy. Maybe like stretching a piece
      of rubber out. But in this case stretching out consciousness (cognitive
      life) through THREE DIMENSIONS.

      Where physics goes wrong is in trying to find all the answers to Life,
      Being and Consciousness, in just one dimension; this one of time and
      space. And they never will; for that is only one third of it all. Where
      religion and priestcraft go wrong is in existing at all. So, we can get
      rid of all that junk. Where psychology goes wrong is in not knowing much
      about anything at all. Still, even that is infinitely better than
      religion and other la-la land products.

      Anyway, my wife says that I have got to go and have my dinner now so I
      (and hopefully we) will have to get back to this again later. But you
      can see why I want to find my screwdriver so I can start to make my
      space/time/dimension machine. Well apart from the natural one which I
      have got already needless to say; you know, the one which I did not
      make. The questions of existence are easy aint they. Well, so fools tell
      me anyway. One day I might graduate to being a fool. I will have dinner
      and a beer first however.

      Dick Richardson

      Somewhat lower in the hierarchy than a fool.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 2009
        The idea of 'being"'in more than one space and time is interesting and challenging for discussion. Scientists and mystics each have their special jargon, but perhaps 'reality' can be expressed in more common vernacular. I think that what we call consciousness is not a discreet entity but a dynamic between ourselves, others, and our environment. If you can accept that, and the fact that we are thus entangled, parts of us are always in other spaces at other times. Also, written language, art, and images are preserved via audio-visual media and distributed throughout time and space. This present technology, the internet, enables this dynamic quite obviously. Aren't all physical elements interacting and being in more than one specific space-time? What about light? What about holograms? Are we more than our words and images? Doesn't our communication technology reflect that very desire, to be in more than one space-time?

        Mary

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > religion and priestcraft go wrong is in existing at all. So, we can get
        > rid of all that junk. Where psychology goes wrong is in not knowing much
        > about anything at all. Still, even that is infinitely better than
        > religion and other la-la land products.
        >
        > Anyway, my wife says that I have got to go and have my dinner now so I
        > (and hopefully we) will have to get back to this again later. But you
        > can see why I want to find my screwdriver so I can start to make my
        > space/time/dimension machine. Well apart from the natural one which I
        > have got already needless to say; you know, the one which I did not
        > make. The questions of existence are easy aint they. Well, so fools tell
        > me anyway. One day I might graduate to being a fool. I will have dinner
        > and a beer first however.
        >
        > Dick Richardson
        >
        > Somewhat lower in the hierarchy than a fool.

      • tom
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 27, 2009
          Maty and all,

          I have thought if we are having parallel lives, if we got a chance it might be good to do what chain stores do. If certain lives were unprofitable, first we might try to make them profitable and if that didn'tr work the next best bet would be to attempt to close the lives that are losers.

          Just a wild thought I wanted to share.

          Tom

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 27, 2009
            The living experience of three places (parts, dimensions) in which we DO find ourselves existing (some of us anyway, and for millennia now) does not mean parallel existences as in new age fiction; as possibly implied by the last writer. There is a wise saying – do not talk about what you don't know about; stick with what you do know from living experience and wave the rest.

            Interesting topic of discussion it may or not be, but it happens, and some people address these events and most don't. If you can disseminate these things in any more common a vernacular than I have done for the fifty years, then go for it; it is not easy. But make it clear to readers that you know what it is exactly that you are talking and writing about within the field of the human situation. Describe it all before going into writing about it. For if you describe it all first then that at least gives some credence for the rest of what one is saying. It works. But don't worry if you receive piles of death threats in so doing; for it comes with the job. No problem however.

            Dick Richardson.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 28, 2009
              Tom,

              Not a bad approach actually. In a manner of speaking, that's what we do with the multiple interests in our lives. We try out certain concepts, and if they don't serve us well, we discard them. For years I tried to 'prove' or make practical use of my psychic experiences. Now, anytime I visit those 'stores' I'm disappointed with how poorly they performed.