Re: Bose

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2009
      I really shouldn't try to think and write in the evening. That post was replete with bad grammar and missed the metaphor of Bill's post, namely that the personified, elusive boson returned from the future to stop the LHC but that the CERN scientists got the project back on track. They restarted the accelerator, smashed some streams of protons together and are now hoping to eventually meet Higgs. From an existentialist perspective, making the difficult choice to proceed without knowing the precise outcome is future oriented. Wanting to understand and make progress is ethical. I like the comparison to the Grail rather than the god particle. Whom will the Higgs boson serve? Mary