Re: [existlist] Re: The age of ambuiguity

  • tom
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2009
      Mary and Bill,

      I have most of Dylan's songs at least up the last 10 years or so. I read his book a few years ago, and cameaway thinking what a bullshitter he is. He pretends that being voice of a generation was something put on him by the media against his will. To me that is as ludicious as some hot, gorgeous woman who poses for Playboy, makes sizzkling Hollywood movies, then complains about being cast as a sex symbol. When u write and sing songs like "The Times They Are a Changing" and "Blowing in the Wind" you are being a voice for a generation just like John Lennon writing and singing "Imagine"

      Be that as it may, he is a great lyricists.
      There was music in the cafes at night, and revolution in the air. Then he started into dealing in slaves, and something inside of him died, She had to sell everything she owned, and froze up inside. And when the bottom fell out I became withdrawn.The only thing I knew how to do was to keep on keeping on,.like a bird that flew, tangled up in blue. So now I'm going back again. I've got to get to her somehow. All the people I used to know, they are an illusion to me now. some are mathematicians. some are carpenter's wives. Don't know how it all got started. I don't know what they are doing with their lives. but me I'm still on the road, heading for another joint. We alays did feel the same. We ust started from a different point of view." Tangled up in Blue".

      I recall reading a quote by Alfred Korsybski I think written sometime in the 20s where he said that if the same willingness to sacrafice themselves for Germany shown by the German soldiers could be transformed to a wilingness to sacrafice themselves for the humanity what a great world could be created.