where are we now.

  • William
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009
      Mary, this is no more than a fact finding mission. The concept of neo feminist power is undercut by the unseen people who run women heavy businesses. The greater part of the time such businness are run by men. They care about profits not the workers,men or women. When a politician takes money from insurance interests she does not owe the women in the company, she owes the owners. So we have a straw woman acting the part of a womens advocate while serving the corporate bosses.
      Susey Orman sees this as a general problem that is perpetuating the glass ceiling in womens work forces. Women do not tend to unionise because the trauma of organising is more than they wish to bear. So they remain unorganised and discriminated against in myriad of ways.
      As a man why should I care? Because the falsehood and disparities heaped on women strengthens the bosses leverage and war chests. That the bosses use the women against themselves and set up false leadership for women in the workplace is nothing more than another lie for profits. I write of this as more women are now working in the US than men. This appears to be a future trend and the bosses really enjoy a docile, indoctrinated work force. Being a worker is more than just doing the job, it is respecting the work and demanding appropriate compensation and benefits. Because I am in a unique situation I can see this trend and I do not like it. Bill
    • bjunius37
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009
        Unless you are a queer or just plain docile in your own ten inch high heels, i have to defend the fact, your statement about women or feminist power, whatever you call it, makes no sense. You seem to think that women are just plain monkies or women that are still in the kitchen only to please their man with a big fat turkey; what an idiot you are, and not to mention over decades and decades since Susan B Anthony for giving the woman the right to vote, you digress in their own interest that gave every man in the world the freedom to live on and a will to survive because of a woman's tenacity; or the fact that a woman was what kept the war going on in WWII, or the fact that a woman started unionization along with black and child labor that was a humilitating insult during the industrial revolution, or the fact a man such as Herbert Spencer, coining, Survival of the fittest is for the fittest; your biggest argument seems to stem from Suzey Orman, the personal financial expert, about saving money in a big complicated world among men and women makes you sound like you are just not with the times; maybe my wife, who is 35, went to harvard and got her PH.d in Psychology and raised 5 children would have a better time making you understand the stupidity you are while she castrates your balls intellectually and eats your leftover sdidiotic absurd ideas that a woman is just a perpetuating problem or a glass ceiling of whatever your fucking statement meant...maybe you need to be more civilized in your approach into a scientific theory than making a conjugal visit of your banality that has no belonging here...and the only reason more women are in the workplace is because they CHOOSE to be there! Not because they are indoctrinated by Men.