Re: [existlist] Knuckle walker palm walker

  • tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2009
      William,

      The longer I live, the more aware I become of propaganda, but who knows what propaganda I am not aware of. I grew up hearing of Nazi and Soviet propaganda. I guess I was grown before I realized the US also has propaganda. In a totally totalitarian country the state has absolute control of media; whereas here a variety of soft power is used. GE owns either NBC or CBS. Certainly GE has incentive to slant things toward war, because they get many dollars from defense contracts. In the last hundred years and even more so in our lifetimes, newspapers r increasingly owned by a few huge conglomeates etc. And of course schools are either public schools with govenment funding, or operated by religious sects etc.

      Hell I am only beggining to understand how Pearl Harbor wasn't out of blue, why US ships were attacked by Germans before WW1, and even though in college a history professor told us Spain didnt sink the Maine I wasnt sure till about 6 years ago.

      Orwell had it right, and Justic Douglas said the decline of freedom is like the day getting dark in the evening, it so gradual that it slips up on u.

      Peace,
      Tom