Re: 1st question

  • William
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 25, 2009
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "shadowed_statue" <hecubatoher@...> wrote:

      > Mary,
      >
      > All my efforts to describe clearly my own existentialism have been politicised by the struggle here and the torture of state/amateur espionage that I have described in my recent post (49697) "Far beyond Kafka". To write under these conditions is indescribable. Those who are listening have nil interest in the clarities of philosophic thought, obviously. Still, I complain, and then I will complain no more. That is power, my dear. I have never had any power, and am somewhat of a quietist. Too upset to write more.
      >
      > Louise
      > Your first mission,soldier, is to survive. As Patton so clearly stated" Let the other poor,dumb, son of a bitch die for his country".
      For many years I either was security or was crossed ways with it. I do know it is nearly impossible to learn the motives of an enemy bureaucracy by its actions toward you. Only the most bumbling and rank amateurs proceed with such exposition. From what I have heard from the BBC they are not incompenant and they have survived a long time. The enemy of my enemy is my friend has not always been the case with me. Operatives do just that, they operate for another but do so under cover. I have never been good at picking the pig as I am a pathetic liar,riddled with catholic guilt . If someone in high places is pulling your chain greater circumstance must change to gain your relief.
      I am impressed by Jims exposition on the members on the list. I have been highly critical of him and it comes from my depiction of him as a snivling acolite. His writing is now much better than that as I begin to appreciate his keen perception. Who or whatever turned him up remains to be seen. His recent posts have been BBC quality script.
      Here it is just raw money grubbing blowing out of boiler plate political rhetoric.
      Here I set,a capitalist in operation, attempting to get someone else to pay my medical bills. I can only handle these strange juxtapositions for a limited time. I keep telling myself to be happy we are arguing rather than planting roadside bombs. That the debate is of such ad hominum psycho pablum does not help. Then I do not yearn for the old days when The Cold Stream Guards sent an emmisary to inform me of how they deal with terrorists. We had a brisk conversation and I never saw him again. I must have convinced him I was not in the IRA. Sure,Bill