Re: 06923. Richardson, Dick. The Divine Reality: Transcendent and Immanent.

  • shadowed_statue
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2009
      Mary,

      As I did not anticipate the kind of cut-and-pasting that Dick is now resorting to, I decided to come out of my brief self-imposed retirement. Particularly in view of the condescending sub-Nazi rhetoric of his post 49354 (final paragraph), I wish to point out that the scientists do not have any clear idea of what they are doing, since they should know from their own researches what a very young production is our species. To the more philosophically-minded, like myself, the hubris is fairly evident. This does not mean to say that I am capable of arguing the toss. At present, I am not. The tastelessness of an uncivilised exploitation of others' work, however, is something I cannot witness whilst saying nothing. I am referring to all the work CSW has put in over the years to make possible the existlist community. If necessary, I will push this to the limit, rather than seeking to abide by the rules. In other words, I prefer to leave moderating me in the hands of the moderators, instead of attempting self-restraint while I am handicapped for the fact of my social dissidence. This is not a matter of manners, but of the modes and theories of social control.

      Louise