Hello Marcia, nice to meet you.

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2009
      Hello Marcia, nice to meet you.

      Well, they call me an odd-ball and they have been doing that for near on
      fifty years now :- ) I don't care, I just laugh at it. I have also
      had many death threats from writing; I just laugh at that too, I
      don't care :- ) But I am an odd-ball in another way also; for I am
      honest – I just tell it all just as I find it – no
      exaggerations, I tell it warts and all. I do also mention the
      IMPLICATIONS of these things and what one learns during them. But to me
      an implications is just an implication, so I ONLY talk about what I know
      IS SO and which I have lived through, known and digested the experiences
      of. I do also mention my own feelings about all this.

      But I will leave others to talk about `gods' and what the
      `gods' want. I know what I want and the gods can go take a long
      walk on short pier :- ) Never met any gods or demons :- ))))

      I don't have a religion, never have done and never will. I would not
      touch them with a disinfected barge pole. I have no beliefs about
      anything, and no faith in anything is needed. I have the experience of
      the Paradise of Eternity AND this world. This world is best because you
      can do things here and one is free from that realm in which we are a
      kind of prisoner of love and beauty. But there I can do nothing about it
      – but here I bloody well can do something about it, and have done
      for years and will continue to do so until the last breath. I have an
      agenda.

      The Yanks did not call me Merlin of Exmoor for nothing – Oh they do
      make me laugh these Yanks, and they are god mates and a lot of fun. But
      there are nice and nasty folks in any mob. We have some right retarded
      dum-dums here in the UK too.

      The English Celtic Miss-Tick and Barbarian :- )

      --- In StruggleWithJudaism@yahoogroups.com, Marci Williams
      <kellntazz@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dick,
      > Welcome to the group and thank you for your posting! I love your very
      candid demeanor!
      > Jews are not authorities on Torah either, thus "struggle" is something
      we do. We don't normally memorize and quote our text, we wrestle
      with it. And we have opinions...lots of them! LOL!
      > You say you are a mystic...can you expound a bit? I know what I think
      a mystic is, but I'm not sure that I know what you mean.
      > I have never liked the term "chosen" either and all the explaining
      doesn't really help an "outsider" (someone outside of Judaism) swallow
      any easier. I think most religions use this type of philosophy though,
      but I think Jews are the only ones who actually use the term "chosen".
      Other religions promote their beliefs as "truth" and if not followed,
      people are doomed, so in essence, it is the same mentality. I personally
      don't like it because it sounds elitist...but I guess that is the
      purpose of religion...to divide and separate. Saying we are "chosen"
      isn't any worse than those who claim to "know the mind of God" and claim
      to speak for Him/Her.
      > What I do like about Judaism is Ethics. I think they are the "glue"
      that holds humanity together and has helped us to evolve into a more
      peaceful beings...well, in some places. Maybe in my own
      neighborhood...but it counts! LOL!
      > Again...welcome...thanks for your candid post...hope you feel
      comfortable discussing here. We all speak our minds...sometimes even
      when we are "out of our minds". <g>
      > Shalom,Â
      > Marci

    • shadowed_statue
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2009
        Dear Dick, aka Miss-Tick,

        Are you attempting some sort of joke about ancient dress? I cannot imagine that a toga would suit a barbarian Celt in the British climate. We have been waiting a long time for you to make good your claim that you are an existentialist. I did once take it on trust that you were true to your own description, as a pragmatic existentialist, and you have thoroughly shattered all my illusions about your good faith. In philosophical terms your claims do not hold water. Eventually truth will prevail here, and good sense return. I think I can probably speak for everyone at existlist at this point, and say that we really do not mind whether or no you are an odd-ball. I, at any rate, am waiting for some decent substance that is on topic. Or a willingness from you to take an interest in other threads than those of yourself and your friends, whom you import where they have not been invited. I notice that you ask your friends for their permission, but do not trouble to observe the basic courtesies that apply to hospitality. As you have said, you are not a fool, so please reflect a little on the implications of your computer networking.

        Louise

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > but I think Jews are the only ones who actually use the term "chosen".
        > Other religions promote their beliefs as "truth" and if not followed,
        > people are doomed, so in essence, it is the same mentality. I personally
        > don't like it because it sounds elitist...but I guess that is the
        > purpose of religion...to divide and separate. Saying we are "chosen"
        > isn't any worse than those who claim to "know the mind of God" and claim
        > to speak for Him/Her.
        > > What I do like about Judaism is Ethics. I think they are the "glue"
        > that holds humanity together and has helped us to evolve into a more
        > peaceful beings...well, in some places. Maybe in my own
        > neighborhood...but it counts! LOL!
        > > Again...welcome...thanks for your candid post...hope you feel
        > comfortable discussing here. We all speak our minds...sometimes even

      • shadowed_statue
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2009
          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

          > I don't have a religion, never have done and never will. I would not
          > touch them with a disinfected barge pole. I have no beliefs about
          > anything, and no faith in anything is needed. I have the experience
          > of the Paradise of Eternity AND this world.

          To articulate my charge against Dick that he is not an existentialist, I adduce this passage. If he is able to be so rationally uncritical to state that he has the experience of the Paradise of Eternity (and I am far from ignorant, myself, of this kind of ecstasy, twenty years and more ago) whilst claiming that he 'has no beliefs about anything', well, I find him truthful but frankly incompetent. The kind of beliefs he does have are, on this evidence, commonplace. Namely, that he is quite happy to enjoy his ability to get along with other folks on the basis of rationalising his emotions. His salient difference from other folks is partly a strong personality, and partly the racial element -his Celtic charm and gentle bloody-mindedness - and these in combination form a kind of power against those who may oppose his purposes. Well, what I like about Dick is that he is upfront and hence ready to expose himself to nonviolent resistance. Whilst I do not believe, myself, that one must have read academic existential texts in order to be an existentialist, nevertheless it is reasonable to expect that independently one has come up with equivalent insights. Clearly, Dick, you have read many philosophical texts as well as other texts, greater in quantity probably than myself, and I am left utterly unconvinced by your interpretation of them. Mary has got a point, in describing your work as cultic. Whom do you serve but your own, so to speak? One more self-serving social enclave. This is only my own view, of course, in expressing it thus. The exclusivity of mainstream socio-political groupings all, fairly literally, make me sick. I believe, as I have stated, in freedom of speech, and am soberly grateful to enjoy the privilege here. Your own charms do not leave me grateful. You have no authority here, and are over-reaching your due entitlement. I feel that I am standing on a little podium to make these comments, which is poetically apt. The internet provides many an equivalent to Hyde Park corner, and this site is especially deserving of the comparison. Yes, I too believe in love, but I don't confuse it with existentialism, which does entail a specific rational demand. Go on, heckle if you wish, or debate, but stop posting these embarrassing romantic gushings from your acolytes, and all the self-deception in which they embroil you.

          Louise