Re: The Group Definitions

  • shadowed_statue
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
      Dick,

      Please quit lecturing me. I am the kind of existentialist you do not recognise. That much is abundantly obvious. Otherwise, I take note of what you are saying. I have never thought you a fool, but you address me as though I were a fool. I am not.

      Louise

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

      > I did all the religions, all the philosophies and all the philosophers
      > from Socrates to Wittgenstein and back again long before you were born.
      > It is all old hat. Don't assume to tell me or other people what they or
      > I am interested in and what I have been interested in. For heaven sake
      > write your own stuff and just get on with it. If you have got a brain
      > then use it and do your own thing.
      >

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "shadowed_statue" <hecubatoher@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Dick,
      > >
      > > Your presence here is often a great tonic. You care a great deal about
      > life, but show no discernible interest at all in philosophy. I'm sorry
      > that such riotous wisdom and unconscious truth-telling as you display is
      > accompanied by such uncomprehending paternalism when it comes to the
      > kind of book-learning that is not to your taste. Please respect our
      > site. Thank you.
      > >
      > > Louise

    • shadowed_statue
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
        sorry about the typo. the hour is late, and all that.

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "shadowed_statue" <hecubatoher@...> wrote:

        > Dick,
        >
        > Dick,
        >
        > Please quit lecturing me. I am the kind of existentialist you do not recognise. That much is abundantly obvious. Otherwise, I take note of what you are saying. I have never thought you a fool, but you address me as though I were a fool. I am not.
        >
        > Louise
        >
        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" <dick.richardson@> wrote:
        > >

        > > I did all the religions, all the philosophies and all the philosophers
        > > from Socrates to Wittgenstein and back again long before you were born.
        > > It is all old hat. Don't assume to tell me or other people what they or
        > > I am interested in and what I have been interested in. For heaven sake
        > > write your own stuff and just get on with it. If you have got a brain
        > > then use it and do your own thing.
        > >

        > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "shadowed_statue" <hecubatoher@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Dick,
        > > >
        > > > Your presence here is often a great tonic. You care a great deal about
        > > life, but show no discernible interest at all in philosophy. I'm sorry
        > > that such riotous wisdom and unconscious truth-telling as you display is
        > > accompanied by such uncomprehending paternalism when it comes to the
        > > kind of book-learning that is not to your taste. Please respect our
        > > site. Thank you.
        > > >
        > > > Louise

      • rwr
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
          You reap what you sow my dear. If you give the impression to people of
          being not only foolish but also very confrontational and bigoted then
          they will treat you like it. It is called feed-back. Why not stop
          talking about what I do and what I say and get on with your own doing
          and saying. You have a life don't you? So fine, live it and be you. Do
          not worry about me, for I don't. I have never worrie bayt e nor what
          people think about me. It is me that has to live with me. And I can live
          with it ok.

          wrote:

          > Dick,
          >
          > Dick,
          >
          > Please quit lecturing me. I am the kind of existentialist you do not
          recognise. That much is abundantly obvious. Otherwise, I take note of
          what you are saying. I have never thought you a fool, but you address me
          as though I were a fool. I am not.

          > Louise

        • shadowed_statue
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
            Dick,

            I was not addressing people, I was addressing you. It is hardly feed-back if you invent it. I respond to your comments because that is the way I am, apt to emotional investment. I am not worrying about you, only attempting communication. Anyway, yes, I am living my life, and keen to see an end to these rather farcical manoeuvres.

            Louise

            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

            > You reap what you sow my dear. If you give the impression to people of
            > being not only foolish but also very confrontational and bigoted then
            > they will treat you like it. It is called feed-back. Why not stop
            > talking about what I do and what I say and get on with your own doing
            > and saying. You have a life don't you? So fine, live it and be you. Do
            > not worry about me, for I don't. I have never worrie bayt e nor what
            > people think about me. It is me that has to live with me. And I can live
            > with it ok.
            >

            > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "shadowed_statue" <hecubatoher@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Dick,
            > >
            > > Dick,
            > >
            > > Please quit lecturing me. I am the kind of existentialist you do not
            > recognise. That much is abundantly obvious. Otherwise, I take note of
            > what you are saying. I have never thought you a fool, but you address me
            > as though I were a fool. I am not.
            > >
            > > Louise

          • rwr
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
              Well, it would seem to me that these "farcical manoeuvres" are
              of your own imagination. I come on here, write stuff, say things, make
              claims about this and that which I have discovered in life – and you
              can do the same. Nobody is stopping you, and there is not even any
              moderation being done on this group. You may not be worrying about me
              but you keep harping on about me – as I said before, why don't
              you just get on with your own stuff and talk about YOUR life experience
              and leave me to do the same?

              What do you want from me for heaven sakes? I would be interested to
              hear what you have to say, but you don't say anything, you just keep
              on criticising me. If there is something specify you wish to talk to me
              about then I would be happy to do so, so long as I know anything about
              it. So, dot come asking me about gardening, cooking, fly fishing or the
              mating habits of greenfly's for I don't know damn all about any
              of them. So what is it you want to talk about? If you want to write
              about your understanding of what you are calling existential then just
              do it. But one mere strand within a vast spectrum of philosophy and
              human life experience does not blow my skirt up. So, what do want from
              me? Shall I not even bother to answer you when you address me? Would
              that help? Just tell me what it is that you want? There is nothing that
              I want from you. But if you had something to say it woud be nice to read
              it.

              wrote:

              > Dick,
              >
              > I was not addressing people, I was addressing you. It is hardly
              feed-back if you invent it. I respond to your comments because that is
              the way I am, apt to emotional investment. I am not worrying about you,
              only attempting communication. Anyway, yes, I am living my life, and
              keen to see an end to these rather farcical manoeuvres.

              > Louise

            • shadowed_statue
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
                Dick,

                You ask, what do I want from you? The answer is simple. Respect the list. I find some of your comments offensive, i.e., disrespectful to the owners. Yes, there probably is an end of interchange. Your "pragmatic existentialism" is not easy to discern, now that I am returning to a more rigorous thought. To change the world is an almost delusory idea, however common it is in certain quarters. I have allowed my liking for you as an individual to cloud my philosophic judgment of your ideas. Which are vague. At least the way you present them here. Of course, I am a social dissident, which is another way of saying, ill-mannered. Now that I have seen what I have seen, I think a case may be made out for bad manners. Earn your place at the list, or leave.

                Louise

                --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

                > Well, it would seem to me that these "farcical manoeuvres" are
                > of your own imagination. I come on here, write stuff, say things, make
                > claims about this and that which I have discovered in life – and you
                > can do the same. Nobody is stopping you, and there is not even any
                > moderation being done on this group. You may not be worrying about me
                > but you keep harping on about me – as I said before, why don't
                > you just get on with your own stuff and talk about YOUR life experience
                > and leave me to do the same?
                >

                > What do you want from me for heaven sakes? I would be interested to
                > hear what you have to say, but you don't say anything, you just keep
                > on criticising me. If there is something specify you wish to talk to me
                > about then I would be happy to do so, so long as I know anything about
                > it. So, dot come asking me about gardening, cooking, fly fishing or the
                > mating habits of greenfly's for I don't know damn all about any
                > of them. So what is it you want to talk about? If you want to write
                > about your understanding of what you are calling existential then just
                > do it. But one mere strand within a vast spectrum of philosophy and
                > human life experience does not blow my skirt up. So, what do want from
                > me? Shall I not even bother to answer you when you address me? Would
                > that help? Just tell me what it is that you want? There is nothing that
                > I want from you. But if you had something to say it woud be nice to read
                > it.
                >
                > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "shadowed_statue" <hecubatoher@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Dick,
                > >
                > > I was not addressing people, I was addressing you. It is hardly
                > feed-back if you invent it. I respond to your comments because that is
                > the way I am, apt to emotional investment. I am not worrying about you,
                > only attempting communication. Anyway, yes, I am living my life, and
                > keen to see an end to these rather farcical manoeuvres.
                > >
                > > Louise

              • rwr
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
                  Huh you remind me of song which we used to sing back in the early
                  fifties in the boozers pubs in London – Strange Lady in Town. When
                  it comes to exchange on this group then these guys are pussycats in
                  wolves clothing. Maybe you are a bit out of your league and depth in
                  this playground. If you want, nay, demand, respect Lady Groan then you
                  must earn it. Do you know anything at all about respect? Do you know
                  anything at all about love? Do you know anything at all about passion
                  which destroys? Do you know anything at all about LIFE? Do you know
                  anything at all about your SELF ?

                  As for your narrow and minimal nous of the real existential self of the
                  I AM at the root of your being then do you have any idea what that
                  really is and how and where it is found? Would you like me to tell you
                  in a short staccato no circumbendibus manner? Are you ready for it? If
                  you were then you would have found it, and IT would have found you. But
                  in order to know what you are then you must journewt accross the River
                  Styx and die on the far bank and forget everything that you ever knew.
                  Are you ready for it? Do you want to know what the world and objectivity
                  is? To know what it is you have to die and forget everything you ever
                  knew – and the come back here again – anew. Are you ready for
                  that trip accross the Styx via Hades which culminates in Annihilation?
                  And then that which lays beyond annihilation in the primal birth of your
                  being, in the realm of the unchanging I AM.

                  This is all bullshit you are probably thinking? Think on Lady Groan,
                  think on. For one day thinking will end, and only then will you know.
                  Only when you have had everything you know and remember taken awaay from
                  you can you then know what you are and from whence you come and why you
                  exist. Are you ready for that? Or would it be better for you to learn
                  in very small doses over many years, maybe many lifetimes whilst
                  remaining in a shadow status?

                  I have just given you, in words only, the greatest gem of wisdom in
                  existance, the jewel in the crown of all existance. YOU. One day you
                  will find that what you heard here today is correct. Until then, do what
                  you feel you must do. But best not judge me until you know YOU.

                  Dick the Guru buster.