he Sacred Ground of Man

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2009
      The Sacred Ground of Man

      and the

      Quest of Discovery.

      rwr

      To find that there is not only a Sacred Ground of Man in the very
      origins of our being which gives Dignity to Man and the state of Being,
      but also to discover that there is even a perfect resolution to it all
      in the physical forms of life on earth – is not enough. Moreover,
      this was not my quest and neither did I go looking for such things; but
      it just came about that I found them, and for reasons I know not why;
      and there is nothing to ask as to why or how; so, as far as I am
      concerned it just happened, and even though there must be reasons why,
      and which I do not know. However, none of that was my chosen quest.

      My own chosen quest was the endeavour to paint a picture of it, albeit
      only in words because that is all I have to use. And that did not come
      easy, for I was not good with words anyway. But why even be motivated to
      go on a quest of making it known, albeit only by way of words, for one
      cannot give it to another. I suppose, on the bottom line, it was to try
      and give hope to others that there is some meaning to life, a reason to
      it all, a value to it all, a worth to it all. And that value and worth
      is simply to live in such way which gives credit to what we are and from
      whence we come.

      But in order to do this, and paint this picture in such a way that tells
      it as it all really is found to be, then one has to destroy so much of
      that which obscures it and falsifies it or even denies it. Thus, a
      hatchet job. Nobody will ever be popular for doing that; for convention
      dies hard. But is it worth it? Was it worth it? The answer to that of
      course is yes, for it is worth it to ones own dignity and integrity to
      try and do it, and even if the doing of it achieves nothing elsewhere.
      Thus the dignity of knowing that one tried ones best.

      To give back to Man its own spirituality, and which cow-tows to nothing,
      is, well, maybe just a dream that will not happen. But it might happen.
      It could happen, and it should happen. Man is already established at the
      alpha and omega of LIFE, and dead central to it all. So that is not a
      goal to be achieved, for it is already so, already done, and always was
      so. So one does not have to achieve that which already is so. But what
      one does have to achieve, and which is the hard bit for us, and me, and
      you, is living like it. Living as a worthy vessel in regard to what the
      vessel contains within it, and what it is. That is the hard bit, and
      that too is a quest in itself. Maybe the ultimate quest that could ever
      be undertaken by choice; and the most difficult ever to achieve.

      The irony is that one does not even have to know these things by finding
      them, as did I and others, in order to live that kind of life which is
      at least worthy of what it is. For one can simply choose to do that.
      Moreover, if it is so difficult even for somebody who has found these
      things, and knows them, to live that kind of life which ultimately
      justifies that worthiness of what it is, then how much more difficult
      for those who don't know it and have not found it. And yet it takes but
      little observation to see that they can and they do. Now, methinks that
      is the greatest wonder of all the great wonders which I have ever found.

      On occasions, and when being totally exasperated by the work of trying
      make these things known, I have resorted to yelling – `Well just
      live as though you had found it; and then that will do, for that is all
      that is needed'. Easy to say, not so easy to do however. But they too,
      can at least try. True, it helps to live it if you know it, but how much
      more worthy, and dignified of the spirit of Man, to at least try to live
      it when you don't know it. The end product of life is to how well you
      live it. And that is down to nothing other than you; and your choice of
      actions in the world. Perhaps one should end on that note; and the hope
      that there is power in the word to paint a picture of the Sacred Spirit
      of Man.

    • rwr
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1 1:28 AM
        [ Dear Merlin,

        That was one of the most moving and beautiful things I have ever read!
        You have stirred my consciousness of the Ground of Being with these
        words. There are many words you have written also which have touched my
        soul so deeply as there is no one that can portray in words the union of
        the Self as well as your descriptions. Thanks for all you write and I
        will surely spread this piece far and wide.

        Love,

        DeLana ]

        Dear DeLana

        It always makes me smile, whilst at the same time getting me so angry,
        that with all the people whom I have met who have known this totally
        transcendent aspect of our being which is so revealing, so profound,
        life and mind enhancing; that among all the physicists, other
        scientists, great artists and musicians, university lecturers, the brain
        surgeons et al, and also those having known other aspects of this which
        are also life enhancing and sensory enhancing, that it takes a mum and
        a working housewife to be an activist, and to get the message out there.

        Also, generally speaking woman seem be less scared of emphasising
        emotional intelligence – maybe it is because they are mums and are
        more tuned in to the profundity and beauty of life itself. I always felt
        that woman should take over the world, that would also make it a better
        place to live. And whilst women do all this men play with philosophy
        and religions; and other forms of war and alienation. Ah well, such is
        the state of human evolution as yet. But it will get better when both
        men and women become one active force for bringing out all that which
        makes life here worth living for. They seem to be far more beautiful on
        the inside as well as the outside; but society does go out of its way to
        brainwash men into becoming gormless hedonistic flag waving booze
        drinking empty headed bloody morons by and large. When men and woman
        become one it will be a better world to live on.

        Sure, I have tried to get the message out there too, like you have, and
        a few other woman I have known (and yes there are a few guys too) so
        maybe such blokes have a few more female hormones or whatever it takes
        to love life :- ) So my dear, when they write a little epithet upon
        your stone then let them add the words here rests the carcase of one who
        was an activist for a better and wiser world.

        PS. When you post it then also post this, my reply, to your reply along
        with it. That will stir it up a bit and ruffle some well groomed peacock
        feathers :- )

        Much love

        Dick Richardson.