Existentialism et al

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30 2:48 PM
      Existentialism et al

      Existentialism like any other aspect of philosophy ultimately is
      primarily based upon the age old perennial questions; What am I, Where
      do I come from, What am I doing here, and to whither, if anywhere, do I
      go. The authenticity within existentialisms as the same quest of trying
      to find that basic SELF and its place in the scheme of things. This is
      the very essence of all Philosophy, Psychology and cognitive and
      consciousness studies. But like all of them one also has to take into
      account the plainly obvious existence of being IN THE WORLD, whilst also
      struggling to find out what it is that IS in the world. (what am I)
      These questions were all being addressed thousands of years ago.
      Existentialism, like many branches of philosophy, is also concerned with
      the metaphysical/mystical nature of consciousness – because it
      cannot be found in the physical universe. Mystical experience directly
      addresses so many of the questions by the living experience of it.

      On being old enough to read properly, and being a mystic from birth,
      then existentialism, along with Idealism were the first two I ever
      studied as soon as I could read. BEING is axiomatic, undeniable,
      irrefutable, and thus an axiom. I AM conscious of existing, and I know
      that for a fact by experiencing things via the medium of consciousness.
      For when unconscious (dreamless sleep) then I might just as well be non
      extant. So what is that experiences things and what are the things being
      experienced?

      However, deeper interest also asks (as I did at four years old) then
      given that consciousness DOES exist then what exists for consciousness
      to be conscious of? And mystics find a lot more to be consciously aware
      of than non mystics. Just one of the things that mystics find (I have
      written much about the other things too) is that I am ON the world but
      not OF the world. I AM not from here. My core being, the SELF is not a
      structure in time, but simply a visitor in time, and pops in and out of
      time. I AM from Eternity, in the peace that passes all rational
      discursive thought and actions. But, we are made of three parts, and one
      part is totally physical. The other two parts are not.