no old, bold climbers

  • mary.josie59
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2009
      How true, how true. Smaller mountains (or bigger hills) seem to find us as we get older. Nobody said we can't move to another mountain or choose another stone to roll. Don't worry though, there's plenty of absurdism on the way down. The confidence I gained from existentialism regards choice and that only after painful separation from strict religious indoctrination and far too much esoteric research.

      As for this love stuff, if you have to fall into it, need an instruction manual or a contract, it isn't love. You can't package or market it. Either you feel it or you don't. Love often seems confused with commitment, responsibility, and strange hormonal exigencies. I think love is purely, simply affection and the only authenticity. Everything else seems like gamesmanship and manipulation, or often in my case, misplaced compassion, a heinous substitute.

      I'm a mother and love my children. This has no expiration date and requires no explanation.