Mental polotics and love

  • Shining Rainbow
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
      Bill,

      I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
      high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
      Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
      at starting a conversation with you.
      Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
      I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.

      A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -

      Why love what you will lose?

      Because there is nothing else to love.

      - Rainbow
    • bhvwd
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

        > Bill,
        >
        > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
        > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
        > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
        > at starting a conversation with you.
        > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
        > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
        >
        > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
        >

        > Why love what you will lose?
        >
        > Because there is nothing else to love.
        >

        > - Rainbow
        >Louise, Love is most difficult as it beckons all and kills many. So no cookie, no happy myth, no more deals. It is slowly becomming apparent that this is a knowable and terminal universe. Oh, shall we compete for it? Would any others have similar trajectories? Big questions, tiny little brains. Bill
      • Shining Rainbow
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
          Bill,

          Surely it is only the tiny little brains that would consider this a

          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

            > Bill,
            >
            > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
            > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
            > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
            > at starting a conversation with you.
            > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
            > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
            >
            > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
            >

            > Why love what you will lose?
            >
            > Because there is nothing else to love.
            >

            > - Rainbow
            >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
          • bhvwd
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009

              > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Bill,
              > >
              > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
              > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
              > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
              > > at starting a conversation with you.
              > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
              > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
              > >
              > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
              > >

              > > Why love what you will lose?
              > >
              > > Because there is nothing else to love.
              > >

              > > - Rainbow
              > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
              >The next time up I had troops.
            • Shining Rainbow
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                I'm just reading about sun cups on the net.

                On 05/09/2009, at 6:47 PM, bhvwd wrote:

                > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@>
                > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Bill,
                > > >
                > > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                > > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                > > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate
                > attempt
                > > > at starting a conversation with you.
                > > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                > > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                > > >
                > > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                > > >

                > > > Why love what you will lose?
                > > >
                > > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                > > >

                > > > - Rainbow
                > > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography
                > that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I
                > experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance.
                > But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more
                > dangerous. Bill
                > >The next time up I had troops.

              • Shining Rainbow
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                  "Such a happy name for such a ridiculously hard thing to climb"

                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009

                    > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Bill,
                    > > >
                    > > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                    > > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                    > > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                    > > > at starting a conversation with you.
                    > > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                    > > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                    > > >
                    > > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                    > > >

                    > > > Why love what you will lose?
                    > > >
                    > > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                    > > >

                    > > > - Rainbow
                    > > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
                    > >The next time up I had troops.
                    Their lawyers are waiting. Good by Sweet care. Bill