Re: [existlist] Re: Mental polotics

  • Shining Rainbow
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
      Forgive me for being personal.

      I've been reading you guys for months.

      I tried to comment a couple of times, but the network wouldn't let me
      in until now.

      Actually, I should say, I couldn't figure out how to get it to work
      until now.

      It was easier than I was thinking it was.
    • shadowed_statue
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
        Hi, Rainbow. Welcome to the list. The network lets everybody contribute, in the end. Please don't spread this information about: it is highly secret. Our general modus operandi, at existlist, that is, consists in displaying our wares and defending them from aspersions. It is possible to learn a good deal. Survive, and enjoy! Louise

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

        > Is the network going to allow me to contribute to this list?
        >
        > If you're reading this, the answer is 'Yes'!
        >

        > Hi everyone, I'm Rainbow. I might like to chat with you sometime...

      • Shining Rainbow
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
          Bill,

          I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
          high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
          Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
          at starting a conversation with you.
          Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
          I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.

          A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -

          Why love what you will lose?

          Because there is nothing else to love.

          - Rainbow
        • bhvwd
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

            > Bill,
            >
            > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
            > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
            > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
            > at starting a conversation with you.
            > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
            > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
            >
            > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
            >

            > Why love what you will lose?
            >
            > Because there is nothing else to love.
            >

            > - Rainbow
            >Louise, Love is most difficult as it beckons all and kills many. So no cookie, no happy myth, no more deals. It is slowly becomming apparent that this is a knowable and terminal universe. Oh, shall we compete for it? Would any others have similar trajectories? Big questions, tiny little brains. Bill
          • Shining Rainbow
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
              Bill,

              Surely it is only the tiny little brains that would consider this a

              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

                > Bill,
                >
                > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                > at starting a conversation with you.
                > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                >
                > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                >

                > Why love what you will lose?
                >
                > Because there is nothing else to love.
                >

                > - Rainbow
                >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
              • bhvwd
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009

                  > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Bill,
                  > >
                  > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                  > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                  > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                  > > at starting a conversation with you.
                  > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                  > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                  > >
                  > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                  > >

                  > > Why love what you will lose?
                  > >
                  > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                  > >

                  > > - Rainbow
                  > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
                  >The next time up I had troops.
                • Shining Rainbow
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                    I'm just reading about sun cups on the net.

                    On 05/09/2009, at 6:47 PM, bhvwd wrote:

                    > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@>
                    > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Bill,
                    > > >
                    > > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                    > > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                    > > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate
                    > attempt
                    > > > at starting a conversation with you.
                    > > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                    > > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                    > > >
                    > > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                    > > >

                    > > > Why love what you will lose?
                    > > >
                    > > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                    > > >

                    > > > - Rainbow
                    > > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography
                    > that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I
                    > experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance.
                    > But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more
                    > dangerous. Bill
                    > >The next time up I had troops.

                  • Shining Rainbow
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                      "Such a happy name for such a ridiculously hard thing to climb"

                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009

                        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Bill,
                        > > >
                        > > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                        > > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                        > > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                        > > > at starting a conversation with you.
                        > > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                        > > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                        > > >
                        > > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                        > > >

                        > > > Why love what you will lose?
                        > > >
                        > > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                        > > >

                        > > > - Rainbow
                        > > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
                        > >The next time up I had troops.
                        Their lawyers are waiting. Good by Sweet care. Bill