Re: [existlist] Re: Mental polotics

  • Shining Rainbow
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
      Do you mean sun cups as in gold tops? I have friends who like them.
      You drunk tonight, Bill? ;)
    • Shining Rainbow
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
        Forgive me for being personal.

        I've been reading you guys for months.

        I tried to comment a couple of times, but the network wouldn't let me
        in until now.

        Actually, I should say, I couldn't figure out how to get it to work
        until now.

        It was easier than I was thinking it was.
      • shadowed_statue
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
          Hi, Rainbow. Welcome to the list. The network lets everybody contribute, in the end. Please don't spread this information about: it is highly secret. Our general modus operandi, at existlist, that is, consists in displaying our wares and defending them from aspersions. It is possible to learn a good deal. Survive, and enjoy! Louise

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

          > Is the network going to allow me to contribute to this list?
          >
          > If you're reading this, the answer is 'Yes'!
          >

          > Hi everyone, I'm Rainbow. I might like to chat with you sometime...

        • Shining Rainbow
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
            Bill,

            I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
            high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
            Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
            at starting a conversation with you.
            Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
            I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.

            A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -

            Why love what you will lose?

            Because there is nothing else to love.

            - Rainbow
          • bhvwd
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
              --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

              > Bill,
              >
              > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
              > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
              > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
              > at starting a conversation with you.
              > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
              > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
              >
              > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
              >

              > Why love what you will lose?
              >
              > Because there is nothing else to love.
              >

              > - Rainbow
              >Louise, Love is most difficult as it beckons all and kills many. So no cookie, no happy myth, no more deals. It is slowly becomming apparent that this is a knowable and terminal universe. Oh, shall we compete for it? Would any others have similar trajectories? Big questions, tiny little brains. Bill
            • Shining Rainbow
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                Bill,

                Surely it is only the tiny little brains that would consider this a

                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                  --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

                  > Bill,
                  >
                  > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                  > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                  > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                  > at starting a conversation with you.
                  > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                  > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                  >
                  > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                  >

                  > Why love what you will lose?
                  >
                  > Because there is nothing else to love.
                  >

                  > - Rainbow
                  >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
                • bhvwd
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009

                    > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Bill,
                    > >
                    > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                    > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                    > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                    > > at starting a conversation with you.
                    > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                    > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                    > >
                    > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                    > >

                    > > Why love what you will lose?
                    > >
                    > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                    > >

                    > > - Rainbow
                    > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
                    >The next time up I had troops.
                  • Shining Rainbow
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                      I'm just reading about sun cups on the net.

                      On 05/09/2009, at 6:47 PM, bhvwd wrote:

                      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@>
                      > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Bill,
                      > > >
                      > > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                      > > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                      > > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate
                      > attempt
                      > > > at starting a conversation with you.
                      > > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                      > > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                      > > >
                      > > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                      > > >

                      > > > Why love what you will lose?
                      > > >
                      > > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                      > > >

                      > > > - Rainbow
                      > > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography
                      > that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I
                      > experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance.
                      > But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more
                      > dangerous. Bill
                      > >The next time up I had troops.

                    • Shining Rainbow
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                        "Such a happy name for such a ridiculously hard thing to climb"

                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009

                          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Bill,
                          > > >
                          > > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                          > > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                          > > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                          > > > at starting a conversation with you.
                          > > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                          > > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                          > > >
                          > > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                          > > >

                          > > > Why love what you will lose?
                          > > >
                          > > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                          > > >

                          > > > - Rainbow
                          > > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
                          > >The next time up I had troops.
                          Their lawyers are waiting. Good by Sweet care. Bill