Re: Mental polotics

    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 1, 2009

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:

      > > > Game playing is one thing, some seem to enjoy it. I just chased a cocoa puf outa my keyboard and that is about as playful as I get.
      > > > When you can`t shut the game off, or worse the game is real and you can`t shut it off, thats good stuff. I think it is called a problem. I think we have several of those.
      > > > Survival logic would look for the greatest threat and attempt to mitigate or deny its effects. That is ,of course, after you have stopped your plunge from the cliff, secured yourself, and checked to see if you still have your limbs. So you move to saftey and secure water and food and you prepair for the next call. Life calling,baby,bring your boots. Bill
      > > >Some of the thoughts in that last post were exposed to my by the writings of Ted Kennedy. He climbed and his writings about the experience are very good. It`s that Harvard thing, again, I hope.
      > >I saw a former climbing partner today. Richard and I did crystal peak with a backpack assault. His sciatica is being treated . He`s a great jock and won`t quit. Thats what we all say. Richard was good and got his peaks. Ted had unlimited resources to equip his climbs. We had the grace periods on our Mastercards. I have skied the Matterhorn and just looking at the summet can give you vertigo. Teddy climbed it . Richard came after Dean who saved my life . I was loured by the mountains. I was scared of them but just wanted to go up them. We went out there trying to communicate with war resisters. We were both in the NG and we thought of it as a mission. We actually found the dudes et all, way the hell up on Mt. Evans. They wanted our women and we did not want theirs. Only two of us climbed and we were lost in a white out. That started it all and I began scrounging for equiptment.
      >I find a connection between Camus and mountaineering. His every man character pushes the rock up hill only to need renew the labor over and over again. The victim was being punished by the gods and we are punished because there are no gods. All we have is this life and we toil to survive, that is what there is to it, that is the meaning.
      So you climb the mountain , you come down and decide what to climb next. At least we sometimes have choice in the next objective. I understand many people need more than that to stay alive. They make it up , a reason to live.
      Scrounging mountain equiptment is easy if you had a sponser. I found a way to let the government help me with that. Soon I was waiting at the trail head of the Wheeler Pack Trail ,waiting for my climbing partner. He never showed, his wife would not let him go. So I went alone.
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 1, 2009

        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:

        > > >I saw a former climbing partner today. Richard and I did crystal peak with a backpack assault. His sciatica is being treated . He`s a great jock and won`t quit. Thats what we all say. Richard was good and got his peaks. Ted had unlimited resources to equip his climbs. We had the grace periods on our Mastercards. I have skied the Matterhorn and just looking at the summet can give you vertigo. Teddy climbed it . Richard came after Dean who saved my life . I was loured by the mountains. I was scared of them but just wanted to go up them. We went out there trying to communicate with war resisters. We were both in the NG and we thought of it as a mission. We actually found the dudes et all, way the hell up on Mt. Evans. They wanted our women and we did not want theirs. Only two of us climbed and we were lost in a white out. That started it all and I began scrounging for equiptment.
        > >I find a connection between Camus and mountaineering. His every man character pushes the rock up hill only to need renew the labor over and over again. The victim was being punished by the gods and we are punished because there are no gods. All we have is this life and we toil to survive, that is what there is to it, that is the meaning.
        > So you climb the mountain , you come down and decide what to climb next. At least we sometimes have choice in the next objective. I understand many people need more than that to stay alive. They make it up , a reason to live.
        > Scrounging mountain equiptment is easy if you had a sponser. I found a way to let the government help me with that. Soon I was waiting at the trail head of the Wheeler Pack Trail ,waiting for my climbing partner. He never showed, his wife would not let him go. So I went alone.
        I had read climbing books and a great deal of Army survival material they and did not recommend climbing alone. It was like when I quit religion, liberating and frightning. I made a great number of mistakes on that ascent but being alone those remain my secrets. Those may be the only things you actually own. It seems existing on your own is a requisite for an existentialist. In its pure form it is the lonely philosophy. I will say I was badly impaired by altitude anoxia ,it is a problem to not trust your own mind. I dropped my pack into a hugh sun cup, I have no idea how or why. So, I was crazy, lost and without equiptment. Not what I had planned.

      • bhvwd
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 3, 2009

          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:

          > > >I find a connection between Camus and mountaineering. His every man character pushes the rock up hill only to need renew the labor over and over again. The victim was being punished by the gods and we are punished because there are no gods. All we have is this life and we toil to survive, that is what there is to it, that is the meaning.
          > > So you climb the mountain , you come down and decide what to climb next. At least we sometimes have choice in the next objective. I understand many people need more than that to stay alive. They make it up , a reason to live.
          > > Scrounging mountain equiptment is easy if you had a sponser. I found a way to let the government help me with that. Soon I was waiting at the trail head of the Wheeler Pack Trail ,waiting for my climbing partner. He never showed, his wife would not let him go. So I went alone.
          > I had read climbing books and a great deal of Army survival material they and did not recommend climbing alone. It was like when I quit religion, liberating and frightning. I made a great number of mistakes on that ascent but being alone those remain my secrets. Those may be the only things you actually own. It seems existing on your own is a requisite for an existentialist. In its pure form it is the lonely philosophy. I will say I was badly impaired by altitude anoxia ,it is a problem to not trust your own mind. I dropped my pack into a hugh sun cup, I have no idea how or why. So, I was crazy, lost and without equiptment. Not what I had planned.
          > >
          >Should we plan or even care. When I put myself in the peril of nihilism, as a child I admitted all . See "Foolishness" . Life is not a dictionary and life is not a book. When you can ponder that you have promise. Bill
        • Shining Rainbow
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 3, 2009
            Is the network going to allow me to contribute to this list?

            If you're reading this, the answer is 'Yes'!

            Hi everyone, I'm Rainbow. I might like to chat with you sometime...
          • bhvwd
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 3, 2009

              > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:

              > > > So you climb the mountain , you come down and decide what to climb next. At least we sometimes have choice in the next objective. I understand many people need more than that to stay alive. They make it up , a reason to live.
              > > > Scrounging mountain equiptment is easy if you had a sponser. I found a way to let the government help me with that. Soon I was waiting at the trail head of the Wheeler Pack Trail ,waiting for my climbing partner. He never showed, his wife would not let him go. So I went alone.
              > > I had read climbing books and a great deal of Army survival material they and did not recommend climbing alone. It was like when I quit religion, liberating and frightning. I made a great number of mistakes on that ascent but being alone those remain my secrets. Those may be the only things you actually own. It seems existing on your own is a requisite for an existentialist. In its pure form it is the lonely philosophy. I will say I was badly impaired by altitude anoxia ,it is a problem to not trust your own mind. I dropped my pack into a hugh sun cup, I have no idea how or why. So, I was crazy, lost and without equiptment. Not what I had planned.
              > > >
              > >Should we plan or even care. When I put myself in the peril of nihilism, as a child I admitted all . See "Foolishness" . Life is not a dictionary and life is not a book. When you can ponder that you have promise. Bill
              >So the god requires the pushing and the sweating and the whole pack. And we even listen to such garbage just for money. That you happy monkeys is the sick asses world we live in.
            • Shining Rainbow
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 3, 2009
                Oh wow! It worked, Lol!

                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 3, 2009

                  > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:

                  > > > I had read climbing books and a great deal of Army survival material they and did not recommend climbing alone. It was like when I quit religion, liberating and frightning. I made a great number of mistakes on that ascent but being alone those remain my secrets. Those may be the only things you actually own. It seems existing on your own is a requisite for an existentialist. In its pure form it is the lonely philosophy. I will say I was badly impaired by altitude anoxia ,it is a problem to not trust your own mind. I dropped my pack into a hugh sun cup, I have no idea how or why. So, I was crazy, lost and without equiptment. Not what I had planned.
                  > > > >
                  > > >Should we plan or even care. When I put myself in the peril of nihilism, as a child I admitted all . See "Foolishness" . Life is not a dictionary and life is not a book. When you can ponder that you have promise. Bill
                  > >So the god requires the pushing and the sweating and the whole pack. And we even listen to such garbage just for money. That you happy monkeys is the sick asses world we live in.
                  >I planned this in arrears. Found on the net has a possibility. Looking back is so integral to the process of human consciousness.Maby a history lesson . Bill
                • bhvwd
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009

                    > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:

                    > > >So the god requires the pushing and the sweating and the whole pack. And we even listen to such garbage just for money. That you happy monkeys is the sick asses world we live in.
                    > >I planned this in arrears. Found on the net has a possibility. Looking back is so integral to the process of human consciousness.Maby a history lesson . Bill
                    >The Sun cups make you crazy, But I still had a good compase. Down with alone , I ahve friends that might like this. Bill
                  • Shining Rainbow
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
                      Do you mean sun cups as in gold tops? I have friends who like them.
                      You drunk tonight, Bill? ;)
                    • Shining Rainbow
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
                        Forgive me for being personal.

                        I've been reading you guys for months.

                        I tried to comment a couple of times, but the network wouldn't let me
                        in until now.

                        Actually, I should say, I couldn't figure out how to get it to work
                        until now.

                        It was easier than I was thinking it was.
                      • shadowed_statue
                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
                          Hi, Rainbow. Welcome to the list. The network lets everybody contribute, in the end. Please don't spread this information about: it is highly secret. Our general modus operandi, at existlist, that is, consists in displaying our wares and defending them from aspersions. It is possible to learn a good deal. Survive, and enjoy! Louise

                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 4, 2009
                            Bill,

                            I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                            high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                            Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                            at starting a conversation with you.
                            Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                            I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.

                            A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -

                            Why love what you will lose?

                            Because there is nothing else to love.

                            - Rainbow
                          • bhvwd
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                              --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

                              > Bill,
                              >
                              > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                              > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                              > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                              > at starting a conversation with you.
                              > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                              > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                              >
                              > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                              >

                              > Why love what you will lose?
                              >
                              > Because there is nothing else to love.
                              >

                              > - Rainbow
                              >Louise, Love is most difficult as it beckons all and kills many. So no cookie, no happy myth, no more deals. It is slowly becomming apparent that this is a knowable and terminal universe. Oh, shall we compete for it? Would any others have similar trajectories? Big questions, tiny little brains. Bill
                            • Shining Rainbow
                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                                Bill,

                                Surely it is only the tiny little brains that would consider this a

                                Message 15 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                                  --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@...> wrote:

                                  > Bill,
                                  >
                                  > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                                  > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                                  > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                                  > at starting a conversation with you.
                                  > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                                  > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                                  >
                                  > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                                  >

                                  > Why love what you will lose?
                                  >
                                  > Because there is nothing else to love.
                                  >

                                  > - Rainbow
                                  >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
                                • bhvwd
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009

                                    > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Bill,
                                    > >
                                    > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                                    > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                                    > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                                    > > at starting a conversation with you.
                                    > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                                    > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                                    > >
                                    > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                                    > >

                                    > > Why love what you will lose?
                                    > >
                                    > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                                    > >

                                    > > - Rainbow
                                    > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
                                    >The next time up I had troops.
                                  • Shining Rainbow
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                                      I'm just reading about sun cups on the net.

                                      On 05/09/2009, at 6:47 PM, bhvwd wrote:

                                      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@...>
                                      > wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@>
                                      > wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Bill,
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                                      > > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                                      > > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate
                                      > attempt
                                      > > > at starting a conversation with you.
                                      > > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                                      > > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                                      > > >

                                      > > > Why love what you will lose?
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                                      > > >

                                      > > > - Rainbow
                                      > > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography
                                      > that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I
                                      > experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance.
                                      > But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more
                                      > dangerous. Bill
                                      > >The next time up I had troops.

                                    • Shining Rainbow
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
                                        "Such a happy name for such a ridiculously hard thing to climb"

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009

                                          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Shining Rainbow <rainbow.frog@> wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Bill,
                                          > > >
                                          > > > I am sure that by 'sun cups' you meant some phenomenon specific to
                                          > > > high altitude environs, not magic mushrooms.
                                          > > > Please forgive my cheekiness, it was a probably inappropriate attempt
                                          > > > at starting a conversation with you.
                                          > > > Your experiences in the mountains sound incredible.
                                          > > > I can understand your sisyphus-tic attitude.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > A friend of mine contemplated a Zen riddle with me the other day -
                                          > > >

                                          > > > Why love what you will lose?
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Because there is nothing else to love.
                                          > > >

                                          > > > - Rainbow
                                          > > >Now about the sun cups. yes, they are a melting snow topography that lives and dies in short starshine. Up at that altitude I experienced hallucinatory vision and cold fear for my existance. But I got down and the next climb was more complex and more dangerous. Bill
                                          > >The next time up I had troops.
                                          Their lawyers are waiting. Good by Sweet care. Bill