Re: Transcendental flights

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2009

      > There once was a wizard called Dick,
      > Who fell for a fetching broom`stick.
      > He declared, "I am I,
      > And now we may fly",
      > That strange London wizard called Dick.
      >

      > This is not a surrealist poem.

      My impatience with the entirely nonexistential subject-matter of *psychognosis* led me to fall into this peculiar satire. I am extremely disturbed by the political catastrophes of recent years, and the self-indulgence of Dick's posts finally overcame my courtesy, my good sense, and my prejudice in favour of 'Merlin' and his interesting life narratives. I did not understand why Wil characterised Dick as some kind of a stalker, and the bafflement affected me. I have been mentally tortured for my political beliefs and patriotic sentiments, which cannot be neatly separated from my sense of the sacred, and simply attempted a parody of what I find to be an uncritical interpretation of unusual brain activity. As a confused visionary myself, who takes such a different view from Dick of Bible-based faith, it was only a matter of time, I'm afraid, before my patience was going to crack. The comment underneath is an echo of the caption of that famous painting of a pipe, 'ceci n'est pas une pipe'. A peculiar instance of quasi-automatic writing, which even now puzzles my memory.

      Louise
    • dick.richardson@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2009
        Hello,

        I saw this email and joined the group again simply to address this
        outrageous comment from somebody who has not only not read the works (or
        understood them if they have) which awarded the writer with the
        scientific prize [ http://godprize.org/ <http://godprize.org/> ] but
        which is also simply Donald Duck comments.

        First and foremost this remark [ "myself, who takes such a different
        view
        from Dick of Bible-based faith, it was only a matter of time"]
        Reveals utter ignorance of what I found and then was asked to write
        about by Nobel Scientific Prize winners and philosophers many decades
        ago. Let her have a go at that !

        When people ask what I am in the philosophical sense then for forty
        years I have been telling them that I am a Pragmatic Existentialist. As
        for bibles, religions and Priestcraft I would destroy the lot of them
        given the chance to do so – but evolution must take care of that job
        – the unfolding of the implicate nature of the cosmological innate
        and primordial forces which it is all built upon. She plainly knows
        nothing about physics, consciousness, the human mind and psyche,
        archetypal constructs and image emanations, or philosophy and what it
        really is. I was an existentialist probably when she was in diapers (I
        think you call them in the USA.)

        Thousands of people (academics, philosophers, scientists, psychologists;
        and housewives) all over the world have read what I have found and
        written about, and they download the books every day, and for some years
        now. Before my own website existed many other people had my stuff on
        their websites (where is her stuff I wonder). So all this childish
        prattling of hers is taken notice of only by herself and nobody else.

        As for what I really am in terms of work and a chosen vocation then I am
        a Psychologist; the study of the human mind and consciousness at all the
        inner depths which are yet found (three layers of it) and then combine
        all that (and the effects of finding it and its dynamics) with the human
        existential situation on earth in day to day living. Thus, personality
        and the subconscious uniting in one manifestation and Woking in harmony
        and accord within conscious experience in daily life here and now, and a
        foot into tomorrow.

        So, where is all your stuff from life experience found ma'am, and I
        will read it all. But children love to talk about things they know
        nothing of and disseminate criticism of others who do say something
        – like the old hags at an execution of heretics back in the middle
        ages. Grow up woman.

        Dick Richardson

        West Somerset. UK.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9, 2009
          Dick,

          There is nothing outrageous at all about my comments. What I am saying is that the way you have presented your case here does not convince me that you are presenting an existentialist thesis. I am hardly alone in that view. If you wish to continue trying to persuade readers here, and if you are not barred by the moderators, I shall probably continue reading your stuff, since, as I say, it is often very humanly interesting, cheering indeed. Yet I do not believe it is existential in content, and do not consider that I must read your general oeuvre to draw that conclusion.

          As for my being immature, you do not know me, and are not qualified to judge.

          Louise