Re: Was creation before

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009

      > I have read similar things in native American creation myths. The Hopi and Navajo have oral traditions that show similar mystical renderings. I am not fearful of accepting or rejecting your personal birth saga. If that is how you were one with your mommy I am happy it gives you comfort.
      > Creation is another matter. You have created an agnostic prayer, chant or vesper. It could be viewed as pre big bang with all those dancing lights and coalescence. That however would make your creation the model of all creation.
      > It could be a story of the birth of consciousness, a turning on of the brain in a developing individual.
      > I might enjoy it more if it did not have the creator lurking behind it. Are you the creator? Did you create yourself? Why should I care ?
      > You might have finished that bottle of red and went psychedelic. The Hopi did better on stronger substances. A few huge, wildly feathered eagles and of course a coyote would have juiced it up a bit. I will beat my Taos medicine drum and wait for inspiration. Bill

      Nothing much as yet for me to say, Bill, even in regard to this post of yours, which keeps alive in me the will to breathe. And all that goes with it. The British really are not mad. It is an illusion never to be explained. Who knows what fun we may extract from the mystery. Louise
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
        Louise, It seems Dick writes to many sites. This strange post may have been aimed at a wizard site. I do not mind eccentric posts and have put some strange content out there myself.
        When something odd pops up it can be ignored or refuted. I found some similar material in a most non English place. So I decided to compare and contrast Dicks dream.
        Because he usually reacts like a pit bull guarding a transmission I expected to get blasted when I pulled his chain. At least he wrote the post in the present and did not resort to his lexicon of prior opinion.
        I think he understands existentialism and his extrapolations sometimes are embedded with little jewels.
        The western Indians were a highly mystical lot and used many substances to heighten their other worldly experiences. Coca,marijuana, mushrooms, and peyote come to mind. That English Dick likes the magical mystery tour interests me. Perhaps he has a stash of goodies from South America that fuel his temporary madness. I will read it and I will comment if it merits reply. His barbs are as dull as an ancient phallus and so Old Dick seems appropriate. Old, mad,English Dick is just too long. Bill
      • mary.josie59
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
          > The less they know the more they assume that they know – and it is all pissing and farting into the wind.

          You also, right?